Wader Boots needed.

atvaholic

i've heard alot of good things about the Cabelas brands of boots ($79) if you have a way of getting them to you without getting hit with heavy shipping and duty fees

I have the Simms Guide boots with the Vibram soles and am very happy with them , they have been through a lot and are still in great shape ($225)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

cabelas and redhead are fine. in fact find a pair that's on sale...

you can probably buy 3 pairs for the cost of one pair of simms... unless you're worried about impressing people on the river...but to this point nobody has outfished me, stayed warmer, or stayed drier because they wore simms over cabelas... but it's funny because some people think nothing about spending a grand on their waders/boots.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Thanks! I like the price of these. Do they have a felt bottom? Also are they reasonably light for a wading boot?

They are felt bottom with the option to stud. I put the studs in.....

Yep, light and much more comfortable then I had anticipated.

Go to Zellers and buy some cheap hiking boots that are about four sizes too big. They work great and will set you back about $35.

Besides that, their rubber lug sole is way better than felt when you're walking in mud, sand, or in freezing temperatures. Waaay better grip. Felt sucks.

Go to Zellers and buy some cheap hiking boots that are about four sizes too big. They work great and will set you back about $35.

Besides that, their rubber lug sole is way better than felt when you're walking in mud, sand, or in freezing temperatures. Waaay better grip. Felt sucks.

X2 I buy mine from wally world $49 they are hunting boots and work great I only went 2 sizes but should have went 3.

I have the Simms Guide boots. They are a heavy but a strong boot - fit small on me. Good ankle support. The sole is slippery and I needed to studd them good - an extra $30. Felt bites on mud, snow and wet grass. The Simms soles are great in this regard. Patagonia once had the best studded no-felt. I'd like to try the Korkers one day. I'm kind of big on good boots and wading safety after my friend wiped-out on the Batch and broke her wrist. A wading staff is handy in some places too eg Soo Rapids. Down with Didymo!

i've heard alot of good things about the Cabelas brands of boots ($79) if you have a way of getting them to you without getting hit with heavy shipping and duty fees

I have the Simms Guide boots with the Vibram soles and am very happy with them , they have been through a lot and are still in great shape ($225)

I bought these ones from the Canadian site, studs were included and when I signed up I rec. a ten dollar discount. Cost me less than 90 to my door.

http://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=79&section=&ID=21369