People taking a stand!

Dave Bailey

A tidal wave is enveloping the world, people are standing up and demanding that they be treated with respect and dignity, be given freedom to enjoy their lives, and the right to expect a bright future. They want to throw off the shackles, and rid themselves of the despots who have made them miserable.

Question: How long will it be before Toronto Maple Leafs fans realise that this might work?

I think if making jokes about starving children in third world nations is classless and repulsive. This is not that.

The fact that what is happening is positive and worth getting excited about would seperate it. People are demanding their freedom from these despots and this is worth celebrating. Throw in a Leafs joke and it is fine because the joke is about the Leafs not the people.

I really think you are stretching here.

I happen to think Dave is a pretty classy dude and innocent on the charge you are laying.

I'm certain that the people in those oppressed lands have a sense of humour, but their chances of expressing it have been as restricted as anything else. Try making a joke about the government or the religion and you'll find someone knocking on your door. We have that freedom, and if you don't exercise a freedom don't be surprised if it's taken away someday.

But just in case it needed to be said, IT'S A JOKE!

There, is that okay? :whistling:

I think it's even more ridiculous to get upset about someone making disparaging remarks about a sports team.

A tidal wave is enveloping the world, people are standing up and demanding that they be treated with respect and dignity, be given freedom to enjoy their lives, and the right to expect a bright future. They want to throw off the shackles, and rid themselves of the despots who have made them miserable.

Question: How long will it be before Toronto Maple Leafs fans realise that this might work?

now your on to something......

Rally for today.. noon ACC :) be there with Canadians jersey's:(

Not sure if this is off topic, but i deal with people on a daily basis.I find that over the last 6-8 months, people are becoming extremely aggressive and distrusful.I like to treat my csutomers the same way i want to be treated when i go into a store, but lately i'm starting to feel like the soup nazi on Seinfeld. wallbash.gif I just want to tell all the obnoxious ones NO PARTS FOR YOU TODAY !!!!!mad.gif GET OUT !!!blink.gif