Does it get any better than this?

Big Cliff

Today pikeslayerjr came over with a friend of his from school, Jake. I had offered to get them out fishing and naturally told Sean fish stories about the fishing here. You all know the deal; a promise made is a debt unpaid, well I don't like unpaid debts.

The snow was deep but I finally managed to break a trail out onto the lake with my ATV after getting stuck a few times, but hey, I'm old and stuborn so I broke a trail out to where I figured we could get some fish.

Things didn't start of that great, the guys couldn't find any place that was open to get minnows but I had talked to a friend of mine and he said he would see what he could do.

We wern't out on the ice for long and Jake hooked a walleye but it got off on him. Then my friend Jim showed up with minnows. First off, we caught a few perch, then Sean lost a walleye. Then I landed a nice walleye and things just kept getting better.

Sean landed his first walleye through the ice, Jake landed his first walleye through the ice, then Jake landed a beautiful muskie with Sean's help.

The boys are still out there fishing (I got cold and decided to head in) but I think Sean will be posting a report and pictures later, all I can say is "I LOVE" having these two young men here. Watching them having a wonderful time with experiences they will never forget.

How much better can it get!

Edited by Big Cliff

I could not agree with you more. I too have also taken 'kids' and tought them as much as possible (typography) and I'm also glad that they still keep in touch as I do with my mentors after 40 years. Cliff,, we have to pass on our skills and knowledge; we can't take it with us. keep teaching, it will not go to waste along as you have the right students.I know I will.

Keep well and have a good winter on the ice. I did it for many years and I miss it, but with the grands kids I may take it up when they are able to.