Finally got out

DRIFTER_016

Well after 3 weeks of frigid temps I finally got back out to the lake we slayed all of thoses pike on back on January 9th. We started off where we hammered them last time and managed 2 hammer handles in an hour and a half, so we left for greener pastures. We managed a grand total of 0 fish there in about 1/2 hour of fishing. We tried 2 more spots before finally finding the fish at spot number 5. rolleyes.gif

We started hitting fish right away but again they were small, like this fellow and smaller.

Duck_2_5_2_2011.jpg

Soon the big gals started showing up and saved the day. I had a couple of baits stolen off set lines and had one fish break off on a tipup. The biggest fish we got on a set line today was about 6 or 7 pounds. The bigguns all came jigging airplane jigs tipped with 1/2 a cisco.

Duck_2_5_4_2011.jpg

Duck_2_5_3_2011.jpg

Duck_2_5_1_2011.jpg

Duck_2_5_5_2011.jpg

Tomorrow it's off to find a few troots. laugh.gif

Well done buddy! :clapping:

Some decent pike for sure. I bet I know exactly where the motor currently in my basement will be de-virginized.

Actually it will be de-virginized in the little lake I can see from my front deck.

Gotta make sure all is well before heading across Yellowknife Bay and slogging it through the bush. It will be the second place it gets wet. :lol:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Actually it will be de-virginized in the little lake I can see from my front deck.

Gotta make sure all is well before heading across Yellowknife Bay and slogging it through the bush. It will bethe second place it gets wet. :lol:

Well.....actually it might be the 6th or 7th place it gets wet. :whistling: