Eddie North's New Camp On Richter Lake

solopaddler

If I only had the time and $$$ to do it that would be a great trip for sure. I hope everyone that can make this trip takes advantage of it.

Good luck to Eddie up there I hope the 2011 season goes great for him.

One other thing is there anywhere for guys to trap there own minnows when they are up there or does he have traps set for guys to just go and re bait daily? that way there is always bait for the Walleye guys?

Does that $1000 special include the camp on the Attawapiskat river? Both places look like an amazing trip. I'm slowly being convinced the more I read.

Nope.

The Attawapiskat camp is sold out for the year as far as I know.

The deal is only for the new out post camp.

The $1000 price is an introductory special to get people interested in the new camp on Richter. The main camp on the Attawapiskat is regular price.

The Attawapiskat camp is mostly booked but you might be surprised if you ask Eddie.

If it's only a couple of guys going he'd probably be able to squeeze you in.

If I only had the time and $$$ to do it that would be a great trip for sure. I hope everyone that can make this trip takes advantage of it.

Good luck to Eddie up there I hope the 2011 season goes great for him.

One other thing is there anywhere for guys to trap there own minnows when they are up there or does he have traps set for guys to just go and re bait daily? that way there is always bait for the Walleye guys?

Honestly Mike, and I mean this, bait is not necessary for the walleyes up there.

If the bite slows down half a crawler on your jig will work wonders.

A flat of worms packed in bedding in a styrofoam container is by far the best way to go if you feel the need for bait on a fly in trip.

That said ON residents are welcome to bring their own minnow traps. They don't weigh anything and there's lots of places to trap them.

On a side note, Mike check your pm's. ;)

Cheers

Pm returned

I dont usually use minnows or worms but know alot of people like to have the live bait and chubbs work amazing on them tea stained waters I just thought that was a question some others might like to know the answer to.

As for Eye's I just like a jig head with mustard color or motor oil colored twister tails.

I catch most of my walleye on body baits and slow rolling spinnerbaits across the bottom when up there. I use a jig only when I need a rest from casting. Catch plenty any way you try. I will be going up to Attawapiskat river three times in 2011 and the only live bait I will be using is balls of worms for sturgeon.

Good for you now for the long wait, save some fish for us!!! :Gonefishing:

Ha Ha it is going to be a loooong wait,but it will be worth it. We fished O Sullivan north of Nakina a few years back and the Walleye fishing was crazy good there.Cant wait too see what this adventure holds for us and whoever goes in this year.

• 1 month later...

It's an amazing area. I'm sure guys booked will have a blast, and for $1000 that's tough to beat.

From what I hear, water levels will be much much better this year than last. Should make river travel easy and open up spots that may haven't been hit too hard last year on the Skat.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little over a month till we leave for Richter!!! man this should be a crazy trip! I just spoke to eddie, hes actually at a hunting show in Italy. As if the camp at bateau didn't fill up fast enough as it is, now we have to compete with the Europeans for a spot!!! lol, Hes got the cabin for Richter all Built painted and disassembled and stored in Barrie so first week of may hes flying in to assemble the camp and get everything ready for our arrival on the 28th!!! let the countdown begin!

They aren't coming over here to fish :) Hunting is where the $$$ is at.

This is true.

On a related note what amazed me when I helped Eddie at the Toronto show, 99% of the interest and inquiries was for moose hunting.

Almost no interest from anyone for fishing.

This is true.

On a related note what amazed me when I helped Eddie at the Toronto show, 99% of the interest and inquiries was for moose hunting.

Almost no interest from anyone for fishing.

Let's face it. Not many people associate Attawapiskat with really really good fishing let alone know where it is. Big Bay of Quinte size walleye and Northwest Territories size monster pike on every cast That will change and the word is definitely getting out. Solopaddler has already showcased some of the incredible fishing there, but the moose hunting up there is probably the best in Ontario. Because of its distance away from the main road it has allowed it moose to go through life without ever seeing a hunter. Its a flyin beyond a flyin. I hunted at a camp downriver of Eddy's camp fifteen years ago and the amount of moose was mind boggling. Alas, it was very expensive to get in there and only made it in once but the experience was never forgotten. It is still to this day my Moose, Walleye, Pike and Sturgeon Shangrila. The only problem now is Eddie is never going to have any room for me when my work and and health finally allow me the chance. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

i flew out of Nakina 20yrs ago.

it was absolutly INSAINE!!!

the fishing was beyond my wildest dreams. the wildlife was incredible and scary all at the same time.

we went up midle of June and the pickreloops.gif walley simply jumped in the boat 3-5 pounds.

the pike!!! whaaooow. they made short work out of me and my gear(heavy rod and real 25 pound test/mono was the best at the time)

in one week i saw 2 pike that were in about 16 inches ofw (their back tipped me off) when you through a lure at them they EXPLODE insane saw one that had to be pushing 4.5 -5 feet.

those that have neve been up there are in for the treat of a life time.

if there are any spots left for late Aug/early oct i would be in.

saltydawg.