Eddie North's New Camp On Richter Lake

solopaddler

Hey all, first off I'm a little uncomfortable posting this as I hate spam, BUT Eddie is a friend and asked me to help.

As many of you are already aware Eddie aquired a lease to build a new camp this spring on Richter lake, a never before fished body of water north of his Beteau camp on the Attawapiskat river.

I made this post last fall looking for fellow OFC'ers to join me on a trip to Richter in September 2011:

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48577&st=0&p=522361&hl=Attawapiskat&fromsearch=1entry522361

In addition I pm'd a bunch of you guys with an offer from Eddie on a deal for a trip to Richter.

Well, no one responded and he REALLY wants to drum up some business.

The regular price for the trip is $1500 tax in per person.

He's offering the trip now for $1000 tax in per person if you book a trip of your own during the 2011 season.

This price is based on a minimum of 5 people.

He's willing to take smaller groups of 4 for a price of $1250 Canadian tax in.

With a group of 4, 5, or 6 you will have the camp entirely to yourselves.

He will only put different groups together at their request. If they have small numbers like 1, 2 or 3 people, this will allow small groups a chance to go.

That is truly a deal. It's costing him a fortune to charter the otter for such a long flight and I know he's not making a ton of dough at that price.

His main concern at the moment though is generating interest in the camp.

For anyone that's been considering a fly in trip to catch trophy pike and walleye this is a great opportunity. Contact your fishin' buddies and get something lined up.

It's not very often in this day and age you get an opportunity to fish completely untouched virgin waters.

If anyone's interested Eddie's contact info is on his website:

http://eddienorth.com/

If anyone has ANY questions or concerns shoot me a pm.

Cheers, Mike

Edited by solopaddler

regarding this camp, we have a trip booked for the last week of may, the 28th to june 4th and we are looking for one or 2 more guys, so anyone that doesn't have a full group but still wants a chance to be the first into this new camp and get first crack at these untouched waters can pm me or just go to eddie directly. should be an amazing time I still laugh when i think about the trip last year to eddies other camp, just rediculus !!

regarding this camp, we have a trip booked for the last week of may, the 28th to june 4th and we are looking for one or 2 more guys, so anyone that doesn't have a full group but still wants a chance to be the first into this new camp and get first crack at these untouched waters can pm me or just go to eddie directly. should be an amazing time I still laugh when i think about the trip last year to eddies other camp, just rediculus !!

That'll be fun being the first group in. Great opportunity for someone who can't round up a big group.

Is this the Rithter Lk you spreak of? If so is it flyin only?

http://travelingluck.com/North%20America/Canada/Ontario/_6122118_Richter%20Lake.html#local_map

That Richter lake is S/W of Cochrane and looks to be atv accessable.

Eddie's new camp is in the Kenora district approximately 225 km's N/W of Nakina.

So yes, it's fly in only. :lol:

If you do a search on toporama you should easily find the lake: http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/maps/topo/map?mapsize=1150%201350&mapxy=481428.409234%20369642.659388&scale=5000000.000000&feature_na=Richter%20Lake&searchstring=Richter%20lake&layers=fapfeature%20fapfeature%20north_arrow%20other_features%20million_grid%20t50k_grid%20grid_50k_3%20roads%20hydrography%20boundary%20builtup%20vegetation%20populated_places%20railway%20power_network%20manmade_features%20designated_areas%20water_features%20water_saturated_soils%20relief%20contours%20toponymy%20contour%20nodata_ntdb_50k&map_layer[northarrow]_class[0]_style[0]=ANGLE%20-6.618623800508956&urlappend=%26unique_key%3D0c4c60a5849c20c3ecbaf9df9acacdea%26map.layer[textzoom03]%3DFEATURE+POINTS+481446.01555+369640.934704+END+TEXT+%22Richter+Lake%22+END%26map.layer[textzoom46]%3DFEATURE+POINTS+481446.01555+369640.934704+END+TEXT+%22Richter+Lake%22+END%26map.layer[arrowzoom03]%3DFEATURE+POINTS+481446.01555+369640.934704+END+END

I am a solo fisherman (i.e. none of my buds fish harcore enough to go on a trip). I would be interested in joining in on a group if someone is willing to have me....I know it may be weird bunking with people you have never met, but otherwise, I will never get a chance to go! PM me if you would rather.

I'm guessing there will be others like you.

If I were you I'd call Eddie and ask him to put your name on a list. Maybe between a bunch of you he can work something out.

Probably not a bad idea regardless, Eddie's pretty accomodating, you might be surprised.

Hey all, first off I'm a little uncomfortable posting this as I hate spam, BUT Eddie is a friend and asked me to help.

As many of you are already aware Eddie aquired a lease to build a new camp this spring on Richter lake, a never before fished body of water north of his Beteau camp on the Attawapiskat river.

I made this post last fall looking for fellow OFC'ers to join me on a trip to Richter in September 2011:

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48577&st=0&p=522361&hl=Attawapiskat&fromsearch=1entry522361

In addition I pm'd a bunch of you guys with an offer from Eddie on a deal for a trip to Richter.

Well, no one responded and he REALLY wants to drum up some business.

The regular price for the trip is $1500 tax in per person.

He's offering the trip now for $1000 tax in per person if you book a trip of your own during the 2011 season.

This price is based on a minimum of 5 people.

He's willing to take smaller groups of 4 for a price of $1250 Canadian tax in.

With a group of 4, 5, or 6 you will have the camp entirely to yourselves.

He will only put different groups together at their request. If they have small numbers like 1, 2 or 3 people, this will allow small groups a chance to go.

That is truly a deal. It's costing him a fortune to charter the otter for such a long flight and I know he's not making a ton of dough at that price.

His main concern at the moment though is generating interest in the camp.

For anyone that's been considering a fly in trip to catch trophy pike and walleye this is a great opportunity. Contact your fishin' buddies and get something lined up.

It's not very often in this day and age you get an opportunity to fish completely untouched virgin waters.

If anyone's interested Eddie's contact info is on his website:

http://eddienorth.com/

If anyone has ANY questions or concerns shoot me a pm.

Cheers, Mike

Thank you guys for the bookings,we will also be extending this deal at the Sportsmans show in Toronto

March 16th to the 20th.

Cheers,

Eddie :D

so this lake is unfished/untouched? how does anyone know the quality and quantity of fish that resides there?

Apparantly 30 odd years ago there WAS a camp on Richter (this was recently made known to me). Frank Moonias the elder from Lansdowne House said it was always full of big walleye and pike.

The fact that it hasn't been fished by anyone in 30 odd years leads me to speculate there's still lots of big pike and walleye. :)

Of course it's a bit of a gamble, but not much of one.

Pretty much every single fly in camp in that region has been fished for many, many years. (The MNR hasn't given outfitters any new land use permits in YEARS to build new camps)

They're not tapped out by any means, but no way are they as good as a basically virgin lake.

For $1000 bucks, you can't even get a cottage on Rice lake including 4 boats, motors and gas let alone a wilderness camp. I am booked for this new camp (first group to be on it actually). As a fellow business owner, I can tell you that I have spoken to Eddie and he is the type of guy that you want to do business with. If I don't catch a thing (which I know won't happen), it still will have been the trip of a lifetime, at a price that I can afford.

For $1000 bucks, you can't even get a cottage on Rice lake including 4 boats, motors and gas let alone a wilderness camp. I am booked for this new camp (first group to be on it actually). As a fellow business owner, I can tell you that I have spoken to Eddie and he is the type of guy that you want to do business with. If I don't catch a thing (which I know won't happen), it still will have been the trip of a lifetime, at a price that I can afford.

Outstanding, very glad to hear.