I need some feedback please

mercman

I am in the market for a bow mount trolling Motor, and after doing my normal researchwhistling.gif I have chosen a MinnKota Edge, hand control .So far, best price is by far BPS, and with the exchange rate, it looks like a good deal.Shipping is 36 bucks and there will be no tax, so that kinda equals out there.

The question i have is, Has anyone purchased a big item from the online catalogue before, and have you had any negative issues with shipping.

I have purchased small items from them, lures and such, without problems.

Thanks for your feedback

Paul

who will they be shipping it with?

if its ups then the brokerage fees will kill you....

you might want to do the research on that one.

BPS uses FedEx if I remember correctly.

And as Solo said there are no hidden charges.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Lots of times BPS will call you or send you a ticket and ask you to authorize the additional charges for Duty/Brokerage.

Bingo, this is what i wanted to know.I assume that you have the option to refuse at this point and cancel the order.

I will wait for a local quote before making the decision.

Thanks everyoneclapping.gif

BTW, here is the email I received last year

Order Number: ********

Response Date: 04/13/10

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for your recent Bass Pro Shops order you placed on the internet. An additional $ 68.55 in duties and taxes plus $22.00 in shipping/handling will be charged to your order. This will bring your grand total to $627.49 USD. We must have your approval of the charges before your order can be processed.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience. My toll free number is 800-347-4184, or you can reply to this email. My office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm Central Time. If you have not replied by the response date located above, your order will automatically cancel.

Best wishes,

Lena

International Division

Bass Pro Shops

800-347-4184

I just ordered an item (“Bear Paw” electric scaler) from BPS two weeks ago and it showed up here with Canada post (Priority Post).

No extra charges were applied other then the shipping ($23.50) and the HST ($19.30) that was shown on the ordering page of the Web site.

Not as big as a trolling motor; it came in a box twice the size & about the same weight of a Toronto phone book.

Dan.

I have purchased a LOT of items from Cabela's online or over the phone....never had any problems with big items and sometimes the shipping was FREE (my favorite four letter word).....a couple of years ago I replaced my 22 year old Minn Kota with a Minn Kota Edge FOOT CONTROL 40# of thrust with a 52" shaft....it actually came wired wrong on the foot control part but a phone call to Minn Kota got then straightened out in about 10-15 minutes...are you sure you don't want a foot control (cable steer) model...once you use one you will never want a hand control trolling motor for the bow.

Any chance you are heading down this way......you could have it shipped to me and pick it up. Also check Cabela's site.

Bob