microbreweries, which ones do you like

spinnerdoc

discovered them a few years back and i'm hooked sampling them everytime we hit a town on our daytrips.

here are the ones i like so far:

wellington breweries-trail head lager

upper canada breweries-

steam whistle

mill street brewery: tankhouse ale, organic beer

old credit-pale pilsener, amber ale

moosehead-when they were still small

a couple more from quebec city that i could not remember. and from other daytrips as well i hope i had payed attention.

Other beers that i like:

rickards red

San miguel Beer(from the philippines)

Cristal(cuba)

i'd like to try different kinds so i'd like to know what your favorites are....CHEERS

and please drive sober :rolleyes:

Steam whistle is a great beer. Nice taste and smooth. The only problem, it gives me a real bad headache. I only have to have 3 and there it goes. One of the best Pilsners I have tasted.To bad,as I really like it.

Moosehead is way too sweet,IMO.

rickards red,not bad.

Gave up Beer when I became diabetic. My blood doesn't like it at all.

But I have only ever had a few that I really disliked. Generally if it's cold it's a GOOD BEER.

The only time I have it anymore is the few swigs I enjoy while I'm making beer can chicken...which I JUST happen to be right in the middle of at this very moment :thumbsup_anim:

I use to drink Black Horse Ale back in high school. You could take it to a party and throw it in the fridge and NO ONE would touch it. Now you can only get it out east. Not a micro beer but I really did enjoy it.

Sorry I'm no real help with this thread. I just felt the urge to be in "Beer" mode.

Church Key makes great bear (Campbellford - or Campbellville. I forget which - the one that's east of Peterborough)

Creemore makes great beer, though I think that they're now a Molson brewery so don't qualify as micro any more.

And the other one I'd definitely recommend is Neustadt brewery. They make a good lager, an ale, and a great dark beer called 10W 30.

I tried Cameron's once, but 1/2 the case didn't seal right and were rotten. Not skunky - rotten.

Steam whistle is a great beer. Nice taste and smooth. The only problem, it gives me a real bad headache. I only have to have 3 and there it goes. One of the best Pilsners I have tasted.To bad,as I really like it.

rickards red,not bad.

i agree with the steam whistle... smoothest beer i ever had...haven't drank enough yet to give me a headache...yet :whistling:

Edited by spinnerdoc

Gave up Beer when I became diabetic. My blood doesn't like it at all.

But I have only ever had a few that I really disliked. Generally if it's cold it's a GOOD BEER.

The only time I have it anymore is the few swigs I enjoy while I'm making beer can chicken...which I JUST happen to be right in the middle of at this very moment :thumbsup_anim:

I use to drink Black Horse Ale back in high school. You could take it to a party and throw it in the fridge and NO ONE would touch it. Now you can only get it out east. Not a micro beer but I really did enjoy it.

Sorry I'm no real help with this thread. I just felt the urge to be in "Beer" mode.

i didn't steer you in the deep end again did i?

i like beer of all sorts...forgive me for my ignorance but what's a beer can chicken?

Church Key makes great bear (Campbellford - or Campbellville. I forget which - the one that's east of Peterborough)

Creemore makes great beer, though I think that they're now a Molson brewery so don't qualify as micro any more.

And the other one I'd definitely recommend is Neustadt brewery. They make a good lager, an ale, and a great dark beer called 10W 30.

I tried Cameron's once, but 1/2 the case didn't seal right and were rotten. Not skunky - rotten.

thanks for the insight.

neustadt where is it available?

i'll keep churchkey in mind as well

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

While living in peterborough i was pretty big into buying growlers of The Publican House beers... they were fairly strong, cheap, and I liked the people that work there.

I've had phases with steamwhistle and creemore, but my belly doesn't like them anymore...

While living in peterborough i was pretty big into buying growlers of The Publican House beers... they were fairly strong, cheap, and I liked the people that work there.

I've had phases with steamwhistle and creemore, but my belly doesn't like them anymore...

ah the college days beer <_<

that's nice...we have that kind of beer back home when i was young...it's called Red Horse Beer...literrally like a horse kicking you uncontious it was that strong

thanks for the insight.

thanks for the insight.

neustadt where is it available?

i'll keep churchkey in mind as well

Neustadt is available from the brewery (located in Neustadt which is about 10 minutes south of Hanover), and I can also get it in the LCBO stores that are local to the brewery (e.g. Hanover). If you visit the brewery, call ahead. I've found that they sometimes keep strange hours and are closed when you'd least expect it. If visiting the area isn't an option, contact the LCBO and they might be able to tell you the nearest store that carries it (or maybe have some ordered to the store for you to pick up?)

rickards red,not bad.

I have the exact same reaction when I drink budweiser. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the fact that bud is rice based vs barley. Actually, I wont even consider drinking a bud even if it's dripping ice in 30C heat.

For the record, Steamwhistle is my 'micro' of choice. Great beer :thumbsup_anim:

i like beer of all sorts...forgive me for my ignorance but what's a beer can chicken?

Google it... this has become our favourite way to do chicken. Almost have it on a weekly basis even in the winter. If it sounds good to you give it a try. If you want an tips just PM me.

No worries about tipping me in the deep end. I have overcome my enjoyment of beer by substituting wine :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Steam Whistle only out of the bottle for me,for some reason I do not like it on tap. Anything Mill Street, my favourite is the Stock Ale. You can also go the the brewery and buy growlers which are special small batches. The IPA is nice. In the summer I like the Mill St. Lemon Tea.

As far as beers from Quebec Au Dieu du Ciel is great, apparently it is available at some LCBO's now. I love the St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout as well.

No yueng is brewed in pennsylvania and is the oldest brewery in the US

i see i didn't know that.i'll have to try it one time. i know a fellow crazy about beer he orders from the states and all over and he even got in trouble at the border and ended up being penalized but he still took the beer home ...crazy

Steam Whistle only out of the bottle for me,for some reason I do not like it on tap. Anything Mill Street, my favourite is the Stock Ale. You can also go the the brewery and buy growlers which are special small batches. The IPA is nice. In the summer I like the Mill St. Lemon Tea.

As far as beers from Quebec Au Dieu du Ciel is great, apparently it is available at some LCBO's now. I love the St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout as well.

i think it the au dieu ciel that i tried...on our trip there i tried a sampler, they gave me 4 diff kinds from a ,icro brewery there.

my experience trying out the microbreweries is that you really can taste the difference from beer to beer and maybe i'm imagining but the malt and hops and whatever ingredients you can kind of distinguish from each other...have you guys had the same experience?