Animals Feel

troutman1

Tonight I had to give away my best childhood friend that was always there for me. Her name was Fluffy. The best cat I could ever ask for. Normally something like this doesn't bother me much, but for some reason I just couldn't swallow this...I first met Fluffy when I was in elementary school. She was 2 weeks old and could barely walk or open her eyes. From then on we were together through both hard times and happy times. Sometimes when I just couldn't take anymore of my life I would hang on because of my care for Fluffy. Even though she's a cat it felt like we could understand each other. I would always treat her with as much respect as I could. I had to move away leaving Fluffy at that house all by her self. Only visiting her once per week. Now she has a new home with a new family. One thing that I have learned from all of this is that animals have feelings similar to humans and they should be given respect just like how you would respect another person. It's given me a new look at life. How many OFC'rs feel the same?

How many OFC'rs feel the same?

No offence, but when I first read this post, i thought it was a joke. :lol:

Sure. You're cat Fluffy is going to have to adjust to it's new owners. But atleast it's still alive right..

I don't want to sound harsh, But animals do not have the same feelings as humans.

Edited by NAW

Your 100% right Wayne and if I remember correctly troutman1 is just a youngster.

He's obviously very upset with losing his lifelong friend but some of these guys would rather make him feel like a fool for expressing his feelings.

Makes you wonder about some of the folks around here.

Your 100% right Wayne and if I remember correctly troutman1 is just a youngster.

He's obviously very upset with losing his lifelong friend but some of these guys would rather make him feel like a fool for expressing his feelings.

Makes you wonder about some of the folks around here.

Agreed.........seriously, where am I, 3rd grade gym class.

Sorry to hear about losin your buddy troutman. Your more of an adult than some of the posters in this thread.

I seem to remember someone saying in a past similar thread.'Its's just a bit of humor, thats all'whistling.gif

So troutman1, We here at OFC profoundly appologize for our lack of concern for your little Fluffy.We were trying to make lite of things in an effort to put a smile on your face, and help you carry on.whistling.gif

Cats are pretty independant and im sure he will make out just fine.

Just remember, some people deal with situations like this with humor, others with tears, both are natural, acceptable behavior.

Edited by mercman

Thats ok guys. I am young! But much older than you might think. anyways, I guess humans are humans and animals are animals....I don't feel as bad this morning.... By the way did anyone know fish have shy and bold personalities? Crazy stuff...

YES.....they are always shy when I'm trying to catch them.... :wallbash:

Thats ok guys. I am young! But much older than you might think. anyways, I guess humans are humans and animals are animals....I don't feel as bad this morning.... By the way did anyone know fish have shy and bold personalities? Crazy stuff...

You wouldnt be studying animal psycology would youwhistling.gifclapping.gif