wtb flasher

ready282

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

either brand is fine as well as marcum flashers.

i would advise purchasing the highest end model you can afford, especially if you intend on fishing in water deeper than 50 feet.

i myself own the ice 45 and it has been excellent.

I have a humminbird ice 55 I just got a couple weeks ago. Had it on the water a few times already, including rite now as I type this lol, up on puslinch lake, and I love it. Its so easy to use, as this was my first flasher. Easy set up. U can't really go wrong with a humminbird, vex or marcum.

hey i have the vex f 18 and love it with that being said i cant say much about the others this is the only one i have used. Where are you from maby we could meet up and you could see how it works. i have also hear good stuff about the marcums.

The marcum LX-5 is the most powerful fish finder I've ever seen. You can set it up on your dining room table, point the transducer at the floor, wave your hand under it and it will register on the display. I'm almost a little worried it will make me sterile or give me a tumour.

I picked one up on my brother's recommendation. He's a banker so instead of working in his office, he obsessively researched every flasher on the market for weeks. He says its fetures and performance are unmatched. I was going to get the Showdown 5.6 dualbeam but after I talked to him and checked out his unit I changed my mind.

I tore a ligament in my knee two days after I got it and haven't had a chance to get it on the ice yet. My brother has and was blown away.

Everyone loves their flashers and have heated debates about them. Fact is that everyone is so pleased with their flasher that they think they have the best one. This is a good thing.

I have a Vexilar FL 18. I absolutley love it. I am however clever enough to concede that when I was in the presence of a Marcum LX-5, I was in Sheer Awe. I think the best unit on the market.

I have never been around the new birds yet but everyone seems to be head over heels with them.

As Dr Sal said, buy the best one you can justify and have fun with it. You are going to be thrilled with your fishing experience with whatever unit you buy.

Make sure to buy a unit with the zoom feature, I always use the zoom. Constantly.

I will sell your Roy he is the best fish finder I have seen. Very compact and doesn't drain the battery.

Art

Good quality, exceptional performance, relyable, and you are right, he won't drain the battery! Now a can of old Milwacky, that's a different story LOL!

• 10 months later...

I have been looking into this for some time now, for the upcomming ice fishing season 2011/2012.

Basically, there are 3 manufacturers to consider, HB, Marcum and Vexilar. Then, depending on your budget you should buy the best one you can afford. I have been considering the Ice 55, LX-5 and the FL-18/20/22.

From some internet posts, I have read some people had returned their HB, due to problems with noise. I have also heard that the Marcums are too powerful and if you fish with friends, it will interfere with their flashers. That will mean that you will have to fish 20 yards away from them. However, if you fish alone, or your friends also have Marcums, then its not an issue.

On the positive side, all the above-stated flashers (once they work properly), receive great reviews from the people that purchased them. In the end, I think I am going to buy the HB Ice 55. Hopefully, I wont have the issues that others have experienced. I like the simple design and the ability to zoom into any part of the water column (not just the bottom 6 feet or 12 feet).

If anyone has more comments, I would be really interested to hear them before I make my purchase. Thanks.

I have been looking into this for some time now, for the upcomming ice fishing season 2011/2012.

Basically, there are 3 manufacturers to consider, HB, Marcum and Vexilar. Then, depending on your budget you should buy the best one you can afford. I have been considering the Ice 55, LX-5 and the FL-18/20/22.

From some internet posts, I have read some people had returned their HB, due to problems with noise. I have also heard that the Marcums are too powerful and if you fish with friends, it will interfere with their flashers. That will mean that you will have to fish 20 yards away from them. However, if you fish alone, or your friends also have Marcums, then its not an issue.

On the positive side, all the above-stated flashers (once they work properly), receive great reviews from the people that purchased them. In the end, I think I am going to buy the HB Ice 55. Hopefully, I wont have the issues that others have experienced. I like the simple design and the ability to zoom into any part of the water column (not just the bottom 6 feet or 12 feet).

If anyone has more comments, I would be really interested to hear them before I make my purchase. Thanks.

First you say there's only 3 brands to consider, but all seem to have problems, some are subject to interference noise and the others too powerful, but you're going to buy one anyway. O..kay.