Definitely taking the flip over and heater today

limeyangler

I guess you could say we're making ice here at the moment, i'm gonna go trout fishing in 2 hours to celebrate!

MY THERMOMETER THIS MORNING......BRRRRRRRRRRR.

P1190118.jpg

Well....dunno if it was wise but for some reason my urge to trout fish was slowly overtaken by the urge to harras some walters. Tossed a coin and fate decided the trout would wait.

Turned out i'd have to wait on the walters too.....lost one at the hole right at the end that was it....loads of fish on screen for the whole 3 hours i was there...lookers....no takers.

Shack was nice and warm....left the lake in a near whiteout...wind really picked up...must've been touching -50C with the wind chill.....and thank god for heated grips on my snowmachine!

Edited by limeyangler

The wife want's to do some walleye fishing today. I'm going to head down and get a fire going in the shack.

I'll have to head down that way soon so i know where you guys are at, i'd drop by and say hi today but i'm on a time limit, curse you night shifts! Anyway....see ya Tuesday, cant wait to try that lake...it was on my "new Lake" list for this year.

-35 in Eagle River too,u gotta be nuts,Simon.

Have a GR8 day.

I'm fighting common sense as hard as i can Rick!

Son of a pike that's cold.

Did you know that in Turkey to call someone a "son of a donkey" (Eshek oglu eshek)is highly offensive...but i guess 'Pike" is ok.

Good onya for getting out fishing in those temps Simon.

We had -32 down here last week and although it wasn't a record it was pretty darned close to it.

My dad grew up in Saskatchewan where -30 to -40 were/are somewhat the norm but he always said it wasn't bad cause it was a dry cold. I dunno, but -40 is pretty darned cold no matter how you slice it :lol::lol: