I would PAY to see this, would you?

SlowPoke

I was more than a little shocked when I checked Facebook and spotted this status update from our friend Bly on OFC; "I have committed to a Polar Plunge for Charity February 6...all helpful tips and pledges welcome lol"

After speaking to her and learning a little about 'the plunge' I jumped at the chance to make a donation of my own. Donations will be split between the Rotary Club of Bridgenorth-Ennismore-Lakefield and the organization of choice from the participant. In Bly's case Muskies Canada - Kawartha Lakes chapter. Both great organizations in my opinion.

Now the truth. Sure it feels good to donate to charity but the clincher was her PROMISING to record her plunge and now I'm challanging her to POST IT HERE!!!!!

There's still time to make donations; I encourage as many of you that are able, to chip in by contacting Bly via private messenger (PM's). Any contributions will be appreciated by her,the Rotary Club and Muskie's Canada. I'm paying by PayPal but I'm sure there's other payment options available.

For more information about the plunge:

Rotary Club of Bridgenorth-Ennismore-Lakefield

Muskies Canada - Click on the "Kawartha Lakes Polar Dip" video link

Edited by SlowPoke

I will donate 50.00 Bly. I will be attending the Polar dip in support for all of the participants.

Good on you for stepping up to the plate for a worthy cause! Come on guys and gals, we only got a few weeks to raise this money!

Let me know how to get the money sent to you.

Cheers, Ron...

As the Chairman of the Kawartha Lakes Chapter of Muskies Canada I want to thank Bly and her plunge partner for braving the cold waters of Chemong Lake. I know I speak for all the other warm and dry members.

It is a good thing you are doing.

All of the monies raised by this event are targeted for our Know The Difference sign project here in the Kawarthas.

My pledge is registered also.

Tom McCutcheon,

Chairman,

Kawartha Lakes Chapter,

Muskies Canada.

sorry I'm late seeing this. Thanks for the kind words and I'd love to be able to shoot this but I'll be in the Huntsville area that weekend doing some other shooting. I've done my own polar plunge as a dare a few years ago and know it's a very photogenic experience....really wish I could help out...next time though!