2 -3 person portable hut

danbouck

The family got me a 4 man SubZero for Christmas and I really love it. A little black cat heater in it and we were very comfortable. Now it is rated as a 4 man but two of us with our gear and the heater was just right, 4 would be crowded. CTC has them on special quuite often for about $100.00 off so they aren't a bad deal.

Hey Guys,

I got the clam base camp, has anyone been successful setting it up by themself? I've found it nearly impossible, I just can't keept he 4 corners down in order to pop up the top, is there a better way to try by yourself? Pretty easy to setup with another person just thought I'd like the possibility of bringing it alone too.

I have the eskimo quick fish 3 which is pretty much the same thing i think.

I open it myself all the time. Just pop out the roof/top piece first then the sides of the hut. Sometimes it goes smoothly and it will pop right up, sometimes I need to pull it against the wind...

I have the eskimo quick fish 3 which is pretty much the same thing i think.

I open it myself all the time. Just pop out the roof/top piece first then the sides of the hut. Sometimes it goes smoothly and it will pop right up, sometimes I need to pull it against the wind...

Hey Kevin - That's what I keep trying to do, but it won't lay flat for me to do that. When I try to pop the roof/top first the opposite side flips up at me. I'm just I just need some practice and maybe need to work it in a bit.

Cheers

Wooooww... now the top roof hinge broke just trying to pop it up, so it's completely wrecked and won't pop up anymore. Awesome I now have a freaking broken shack without it being on the ice. Unreal I don't understand what I did wrong, I did the exact same thing they show on their video from their site. I've never felt so completely useless before.

Wooooww... now the top roof hinge broke just trying to pop it up, so it's completely wrecked and won't pop up anymore. Awesome I now have a freaking broken shack without it being on the ice. Unreal I don't understand what I did wrong, I did the exact same thing they show on their video from their site. I've never felt so completely useless before.

Oh no, sorry to hear that, anything I can help? need any replacement parts?

With my Eskimo pop-up, I find it much easier to anchor down at least 3 corners before trying to pop the top or sides. It gives you something to pull against.

Now that makes sense, good tip because I found mine easy to do with two people but was thinking it might be hard to do on my own. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks guys for the advice & offer for help.

I just wanted to give big props to Clam Corp. for providing some great customer service. I explained what happened and they just asked for my mailing address and are sending me a replacement hub that I broke without any questions! These guys are great and because of that I'll continue to buy from them. They certainly made me happy.

Cheers