A lesson in respect

bigmac1984

I might be old school when it comes to the game of hockey, but what happened to the respect for your opponent?

To me, grabbing every camera in sight and screaming something into it, and then receiving the trophy and immediately parading it past the Canadians is not respect for your opponent.

I understand there is a certain level of excitement, but for a while there it could have gone the other way.

I hope the returning players remember that for next year, it'll serve as extra motivation to return to glory on home soil.

they earned it.

I absolutely agree they earned it, and Canada melted down, and it will go down as another good game in the rival that is Canada vs. Russia. We'll be back there next year, hopefully with a different colour around their necks. Should be a fair amount of returning players.

Seems like they just wanted it more... can't fault them for that as far as Im concerned. I would have liked it to go the other way, but this will be a great boost for Russian Junior hockey.

I have no problem with the way they celebrated

On the other hand chippy play and faking an injury is 100% disrespectful and needs to be taken care of by th IIHF the Russians are trying to turn our beautyful game into a cold game of soccer

Dan

The age of the players really showed in teh third, NO WAY professionals would fold up like a wet rag in the third no matter what pressure they faced, good learning experience for them down the road though.

the ruskies played great, they deserve to celebrate however they see fit. obviously there gonna go competely bonkers after that win, 5 un answered goals in the third against the worlds hockey power house...

dont hate!

I have no problem with the way they celebrated

On the other hand chippy play and faking an injury is 100% disrespectful and needs to be taken care of by th IIHF the Russians are trying to turn our beautyful game into a cold game of soccer

Dan

AGREED !!!!!! One minute, he can barely stand on his own two feet, two guys carrying him off the ice.... 5 minutes later, its like nothing happened and he scores two goals ! The game against the Chezs with the " hit to the head " .... or hit to the chest that was perfectly legal, except the panzy was taken off by stretcher. Did anyone else see if he played the next game ? or was he ACTUALLLY hurt ?

there hockey players, bud...

hahah true.... but there was one point where they did a close up on the bench and there was one guy that was the FUGLIEST thing I have ever seen on the ice ! hahah he looked like a gremlin or something ! ) No offense to Russians or anything.... just that particular player ! hahaha

It was a VERY good game.... the better team ( in this game ) WON ! Plain and simple..... the Canadians are lucky that the same thing didnt happen with the Americans... but they came up with to little to late !

Better luck next year Canucks !

An impressive feat by those young men especially so being on foreign soil and in front of a hostile crowd.

Kudos to them, let 'em have their fun they deserved it.

Seems the lads were kicked off a plane as well. :D

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/international/article/917068--unruly-russian-junior-hockey-team-kicked-off-flight?bn=1

The age of the players really showed in teh third, NO WAY professionals would fold up like a wet rag in the third no matter what pressure they faced, good learning experience for them down the road though.

Have you watched the Leafs much, the last seven years??? ;)

An impressive feat by those young men especially so being on foreign soil and in front of a hostile crowd.

Kudos to them, let 'em have their fun they deserved it.

Seems the lads were kicked off a plane as well. :D

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/international/article/917068--unruly-russian-junior-hockey-team-kicked-off-flight?bn=1

hahahah yea, they were to intoxicated to fly !