Ride on Nipissing

Bernie

Went out last weekend on Nipissing for a preliminary check. Only went half way across (to my place :) ) to check conditions and ice thickness.

I chickened out at that time going the distance due to slush and questionable ice thickness.

Well yesterday I completed the journey and it went very well. Other than small slush patches on the trail and one fairly deep spot just in front of the cottage.

I did not get stuck but it did bog me down a little.

P1030655.jpg

I bought these tracks 3 weeks ago (used) and so far I am very impressed with them. They are an early version of tracks for ATV's but the price was right.

They take a bit more power to operate but not enough to cause a problem.

P1030656.jpg

Took a couple of shots around the place.

P1030658.jpg

This guy is really stuck :wink:

P1030657.jpg

Took a shot like this one a couple of years back, very similar sunset.

P1030666.jpg

P1030662.jpg

Some of the operators were moving their day huts out.

Even they are difficult to pull as the slush is piling up in front of the shacks and bogging them down.

I hope we get some cold to freeze things up a little better but long range isn't calling for anything real frosty.

Edited by Bernie

Nosbonsing is the exact same condition, except where the ice was flooded by A & H's club.

When I read "half way accross" all I could think was "that's a BIG lake". haha. Nice tracks by the way...we had those on our Silverado in Nunvut and those things were unstoppable...you'll enjoy them thumbsup_anim.gif

Well done and welcome back safe.