float suits at Canadian tire

skinny

I see in the flyer they have some on sale for up to 199.00 it sorta fits what I have to spend but I also don't want to buy junk so i'm looking for inpt on this

Hi, if you are talking about Artic Armor than it's definetely a good suit. Last weekend on ice fishing seminar we saw a pretty big movie about it. It's warm and it floats. It's not bulky - i am not sure how warm it's but in my mind it's really good price for really good thing. i would buy one myself, but i got ice armor extreme last year.

That too!! When we got stopped up north this fall, the cop was actually looking for the CSA stamp, but im sure they go together

Or the cop didn't have a clue what he was looking for. :rolleyes:

The only acceptable labeling in Canada for non visitors to Canada is.

"Only the devices marked with one of the following are approved for use in Canada:

* "Approved by Department of Transport Canada" or

* "Approved by Canadian Coast Guard, Department of Fisheries and Ocean" "

This is directly from Transport Canada web site.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-equipment-lifejackets-few_words-1179.htm

Although my new Helly Hansen Delta II floater suit has ULC approval it means nothing as far as the Canadian regulations go.

It also has the Department of Transport Canada approval on it. That is the one that counts.

Heard alot about these suits. Went to Cdn Tire in north Oshawa today...none in the store. Never got any to start with. South Oshawa store had one to begin with and so did the closest Whitby store. So for the 3 stores I might go to they had a grand total of 2 suits for the sale. Needless to say Debbe has had to listen to me carp about Cdn Tire all afternoon :angry:

Good luck to anyone who finds some...and please report what you think of them.

The sales rep for the Arctic Armor suits gave a talk at the Radioworld Ice Fishing event last week. Based on what he said, they are not approved as PFDs. They do float however. Anyway, assuming these are the same suits at Canadian Tire? The suits talked about at the seminar were made by IDI gear (IDI Gear).