Holy Gas Prices Batman!!!!

DRIFTER_016

The Mackenzie river ferry has been out for over a week due to low water and Yellowknife is running low on food supplies and fuel. I heard that gas stations in town were running low on gas on Tuesday so I went and filled up the truck and a couple of cans to fill up the sled. On Wednesday 3 of the 5 gas stations were out so late yesterday they started flying in gas from Hay River. There were long line ups today at one station that got some fuel in. Cost of a liter of gas Tuesday $1.169, price of a liter of fuel that has been flown in..............................................$1.999!!!! YIKES!!!! :w00t:

83 cents per liter increase, and there are people lined up down the street to pay it.

The good news is the ferry is opening at 6PM MST tonight and they are only letting supply trucks in and out until Sunday noon when they will let regular folk in and out.

I have a full tank and 20 gallons to spare so I should be good until the price goes back to normal. :lol:

I have enough gas stockpiled to last me until Christmas. :whistling:

The ferry is back in operation and cheap ($1.16) gas should be here in 2 or 3 hours. :good::good:

Looks like the "cheap" gas :sarcasm: is arriving here too. Checked gas prices today and it went from 105.5 to approx 114.5 (overnight) Latest reasons for increase, you can take your pick:

CBC Report

"But the reason for the price jump isn't exactly clear"

1. "Some reports say a chilly European winter and low reserves are putting a drain on world supply."

2. "Others say the soaring price of wheat has pushed up the price of other commodities, such as gasoline."

3. "Roger McKnight, a petroleum analyst with En Pro International, said the price increase can be partly blamed on the world economy getting back on its feet. "So the speculators get involved and say [the improving economy is] going to increase demand on gasoline and that's why the price went up,"

World economy getting back on its feet.......... How did I miss that...When did that happen?

Here we can survive in fairly good shape, an economic melt down and end up getting caught in the downfall almost as much as the countries that caused it.

We are in such good shape that our Provincial government figures we can handle all the taxes and fee's that it can throw at us and then announce they don't know why our economy has floundered.

Good or bad I guess we end up paying no matter what. You would think we would get use to it by now.

Tom