Matt Hughes

darsky

Wow !! Under 22 secs. I was just settling into my chair then POOF its over. Matt-I think its time to retire from MMA

That was quick and not forseen thats for sure. Lucky punch on the button.

The big question is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How did Jackson win that????????????

I read an interview with him before the fight that he said he would rather stay at home with his family and hunt and fish ( cant blame him ) but it sure ddint sound like his heart was in it.

Brian is right you cant judge anything on 22 seconds, but it does sound like he is done.

I read an interview with him before the fight that he said he would rather stay at home with his family and hunt and fish ( cant blame him ) but it sure ddint sound like his heart was in it.

Brian is right you cant judge anything on 22 seconds, but it does sound like he is done.

Hunt or fish,or get yer face bashed in???????????????

Iwould fish and hunt too.LOL

bj does better at 170 he has more power, in all that time against frankie edgar he couldn't get the finish but in 21 seconds he makes matt hughes look like a nobody, pretty impressive. as for the rampage machida fight i definatly thought machida had that in the bag but it seems the way the judges scored rampage's aggressiveness is what did it for him. if machida shows more aggression earlier on rather than being elusive for two rounds before turning it on he would be a more popular fighter and most likely wouldn't have lost that decision.

BJ Penn came out very motivated and caught Hughes early. Who knows how it would have gone if the fight lasted longer, I wouldnt say its time for him to retire, he was riding a 3 fight win streak leading up to this one and looked phenominal against Almeida.

The thing with the Rampage/Machida fight is that the 10 point must system is not effective in MMA IMO. I had Rampage winning the first 2 rounds then Machida destroyed him in Rd 3. In UFC's 10 point must system, I had Rampage winning. If it was PRIDE rules, where you score the whole fight, I would have given it to Machida

hughes was on a nice winning streak and hes gets KO'd and everyone says he too old? LOL!!!!

he got caught! it happens, he will be back and he will win a few more for sure.. dunno if he will make a run at the title again but he still has the skills to win in the octogon.

What happened to Matt Hughes:

He likely had some spoiled eggs for breakfast that day that spoiled the rest of his day and cost him the fight.

He was quoted later on as saying "now I can't afford to replace the spoiler on my race car, you know the one on the back that everyone sees weather they like it or not'.

Edited by readfisher