Fishing Regulations

xrap

I have been trying to get a hold of the 2007 regulations for a while now and today i went to fishing world and they said thier not out yet. And I have heard there have been some changes made from last year. So what do we go by the 2006 regulations still, and does anyone know when the 2007 ones are going to be out?

The hatchery coordinator of our club made reference to the regs at out meeting on Tuesday. He was told by the MNR people the new regs COULD be out in May but nothing is for sure yet. I personally wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them until Fall of this year or Jan 2008. He was told to basically follow the 2006 until further notice, with some exception, see Wayne's post above.

Edited by Garyv

It's pretty pathetic that the regs are not out yet. You can see the 2005/2006 regs online, sure, but fat lot of good that does you if you happen to be driving from one lake to another and want to know if you happen to be in a sanctuary or other exception to the rules zone. Lots of places no longer have the old regs around anymore so anglers have to commit to memory which species are in season, in what numbers they can be harvested and for rookies what they even look like. If the ministry wants people to take conservation seriously then they have to get off their collective ass. It's rediculous.

Let me see if I can say this more clearly...IT IS NOT THE MNR THAT IS HOLDING THIS UP!

Many parts of the new regs require FEDERAL approval and the Feds haven't done it yet. Now you know why some fish have a one day closed season...so the MNR doesn't have to jump through hoops like this too often.

If you cared what the regs where in 2005/2006 then you would still have a copy of the printed regs to follow in the interm. I have one at home and one at the lake until such time as the 2007/2008 comes out in print. Many guys carry one in their glove box of the truck/car.

Like Rick has said above and I put in everyone of these reg posts...any federal legislation/regulations have to make 2 trips thru the National Gazzet (one with proposal - then time for public input period - then second time thru) before they can become law.

Edited by irishfield

My annoyance should be directed at the Federal Government instead perhaps. Of course I cared about the regulations in 2005 and 2006, so much so that I took them with me on a typical fishing outing. ...That's why they wear out. Had I known they would have to last me perhaps I would have taken better care of them. There's also lots of new anglers who wouldn't have copies of the regulations as they weren't fishing back then. Also, not everyone has easy access to the internet to view the regs; especially while on the road.