Special Sale at BPS

Victor

Hi guys,

does anyone know what are the BPS in-store specials for the next few days?

I was there on sunday and the items on the flyer only goes to today (which is a fish bbq for 29.99 if memory serves me right).

I have to drop by BPS to get refund on some of the stuff that i bought because Lebaron has its no-tax sale this week and they offer price-matching; so i'm just trying to figure out which day would be the best.

Just a heads up to everyone, regardless of the biggest sale of the year at BPS there are some items that might be cheaper at lebarons since there's no tax.

Thanks.

Victor

Thanks just2manylures.

yup i think they are. That's why i'm going back to get some refund.

What i meant was that ... if someone bought something at BPS this past week it is a good idea to check the prices at lebaron because you might be able to get a refund depending on the item.

Edited by Victor

I was there today looking for a deal on a bow mount trolling no deal to be found! but managed to spend a few bucks,

Got one of those rechargeable flashlight a few spinner baits a few bags of Gulp got some load guides for the trailer that were on sale,the baitcaster I wanted was out of stock so I settled for a BPS Pro Qualifier time will tell if it`s anygood first BPS reel for me.

Daily sales Thursday Northland jigs 1.59 Friday Lindy worm harness 0.79 Saturday Berkley Lightning rods 17.88 Saturday Storage Boxes 1.99

I think the lightning rods were put in the back until the sale on Saturday as they were causing too much confusion (many people didn't read the ad thoroughly and thought they were already on sale).

It looked like they had more than 100, but I would get there first thing as there were a ton of people asking for them last Saturday.

Good luck and stop and say hi (confused old guy with a beard in the fishing dept.)

Look for the guy in the aquarium with a regulator and tank.(JK Roger)

Actually in Springfield Missourri they do have a guy in the aquarium with a tank hand feeding the fish. The one water tank (they have 7 different water themes) actually goes below floor level and they have a theatre like room below where they have seminars for kids (and adults) about the fish in the tank and also bring out local reptiles.

I usually work Saturdays, but also the odd Sunday (both days this weekend). They actually pay me to talk fishing with people :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: It doesn't get much better than that!

And yes they DO price match and will also match NO TAX on identical items.

Also, the way I understand it (I might be wrong, but I don't think so), if a competitor has an item with NO TAX and BPS carries the same identical item, they will do the NO TAX even if BPS' price is cheaper to begin with!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Lots of deals left at BPS.

I went to BPS on Saturday and finally bought the Ambassador C3 for Large Musky baits and a Shimano Stradic for tubes with the high gear ratio. The tall oriental fellow was very helpful and he really knows his stuff. I left feeling content about my purchases.

There was specials on the tubes, plastics,hooks, so I loaded up. I also bought my first X-Rap, 80lb power pro for my C3, a rod rack for my boat so I dont step on any more rods(Broke 3 last year).

I also was going to load up on the Penoil oil on special though I was told it is no good for your boat(synthetic) if you are using regular oil now.

On Sunday I went and bought that waterresistant bag for $12.88. Awesome deal.

Over all I had a absolutely awesome time.

Gonna buy a shimano compre in a few months and may go back to get some of those tackle trays for $2.

Was looking for OFC'ers though didn't see any. We should have OFC sticker name tags when we go to big fishing events!

Also went to the fishing show and although I didn't buy anything? I enjoyed myself thoroughly! Did look at upgrading my boat!

I did have a problem with the lady at the counter. I forgot to get my bag on the way in and got it before I was about to leave. The lady accused me of getting in without paying. SHe told me not to move and called security. I obviously snapped and she told me there was no reason to cuss. I told her I dont have time to wait for her sexurity guards and told her to tell them to hurry up. She then said I could go. <_<

I picked up a Shimano Citica 201D at Lebarons this week for $154 bucks i was lucky indeed, the day before i went to Lebarons i was stomping around BPS i came across the Citica and they had no left hand retrieve so i didn't bother to purchase it BPS price was $169.00, so i was pretty happy i dropped in at Lebarons to look around.

Edited by PatrickG

Guest Johnny Bass

I wonder how much Lebaron is selling the Ambassador C3 or the Shimano Stradic 2500??

I think I paid $89.88 for the C3 and 139.88 for the Stradic. Plus tax of course.

I went to BPS tuesday and was a little disapointed that the were sold out of the musky mania bucktails and had very few jakes left. I thought that they would have alot more of these lures for a week long sale. I ended up buying watever jakes were left and picked up a few other bucktails. Does anyone know if they would be getting more of these products in before the sale finishes?

Matt

Matt,

I know that they were getting more truckloads in all week long to replenish supplies. Don't know if they will be getting any more Mania baits. Saturday morning that bin was loaded. It was pretty much gone by noon. I was lucky enough to pick a couple up.

I went in today to swap a rod I'd picked up on the weekend (wasn't paying attention and got the wrong one). Also picked up today special - the fish fryer for $30 and a Shimano Sahara (I can't believe I held back on the Stradic) but here's where I think (hope) I've set myself up for a good summer of fishing. The woman working the service desk was pretty frazzled, someone was trying to put 4 or 5 of the fryers 'on hold' behind her while some other guy was pestering her about where the other person who, I gathered, was suppose to be helping her was and well she just seemed to be having a bad night. So needless to say she was getting all confused with my exchange + new purchase then as she's typing it all up some other guy walks into my rod so it spins and wacks her in the arm pretty good. I meekly said thanks and walked out.

As I got to the car it popped into my head - I was billed $50 but the Sahara was $70 and the fryer was $30, whats up? I checked the bill and sure enough she'd taken off the $100 for the old rod but hadn't charged me for its replacement. Up pops the little devil and angel on the shoulders - Run away screamed the devil and I thought about it for a bit but then I remembered how bad this girls night was going and that probably was enough to make me go back but then the real reason popped into my head: Would you want to fish with a rod holding bad Karma like that? Hell no so back I went and she seemed quite relieved as I'd also walked out with the store copy of the exchange form by mistake. I'm now out a hundred bucks but I've got a rod that I'm hoping is full of some good fishing Karma. Of course if it breaks on the big hookset I'll know to listen to the devil side from now on :)