MY LAST CONTROLLED HUNT

misfish

Funny you say that.The owners brother was out after I left to spread some crap. Along comes a group of guys.Just walked in,did even bother to ask.

Probly explains the quiet morning today.Not a turkey or deer to be seen. I even walked a mile and a half back and didnt jump anything.

Your right about the bow season.After friday,their gone and the bush will settle again.

Almost makes you want to sell your guns Brian, I've been thinking getting rid of mine for a few years.

Lets move back down east Brian, then again, could be just as bad. :)

I gave it up years ago because of all this crap. I have had friends ask me to join them on their hunts, but I also hear stories from them every year about yahoos, which keeps me thanking them, but declining! I'll stick with fishing.

Sorry to hear that it still happens, especially to you BrianB.

I just continue to shake my head at people who think what's my is his. I hate to say it, but someone will eventually get shot over stuff like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I caught a guy going into the back field yesterday Marty... saw his truck on the road and I just happened to be up test flying my airplane. I circled and circled at tree top until I found where he was and he ran for his truck.. then I followed him (in the air) all the way home, then landed back at home and called the police to have him charged with tresspassing.

Oh.. and don't miss this thread..

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48279&st=0&p=518672&fromsearch=1entry518672

Edited by irishfield

Yup it's pretty pathetic. Every year just south of alliston right by my work, the van loads of guys show up during the controlled hunt. Wandering through random properties not a care in the world. About 5 years ago we had this guy come wandering through our parking lot shotgun in hand wondering where he was cause he got lost from the other guys. :clapping: I'm thinking about doing the controlled hunt in december next year for 76D but you've got me thinking differently....

Ok.. this is gonna sound like a stupid question... but what is a "controlled hunt"... i just looked at the regs and they don't explain it very well.. we don't have them up north here.. lol.. I can assure you most of our hunts are uncontrolled.... why are they different than a regular hunt??

Ok.. this is gonna sound like a stupid question... but what is a "controlled hunt"... i just looked at the regs and they don't explain it very well.. we don't have them up north here.. lol.. I can assure you most of our hunts are uncontrolled.... why are they different than a regular hunt??

It,s the amount of hunters in an area/zone. They (MNR) also select your harvest (anterled or anterless or both). To bad they dont rule out dum :asshat: Now that would be a controlled hunt.

Edited by BrianB

i feel your pain Brian, i have never hunted the controlled hunt, and prolly never will, but on my dads property my bro dad and i have made about a dozen stands along the fence line and bush. The property is clearly marked "no hunting" and the white peice of wood with the red dot on it.

Last year the week after the first controlled hunt i went into one of my stands and it had cigarrete butts on it, empty pop cans etc, so did 4 others. Must have been one of the "deer mafia" groups that hunts around our county. Up to 40 guys pushing bushes and shooting deer in places they don't have permission.

I don't like to go up against other hunters about this, most of us are respectable to other's property etc, but i put hours and $ into those stands not to mention countless hours scouting, planning, and leaving some of those spots alone to hunt them during the rut only to have the ruined by these guys. I have trail cameras up this year by the stands if they come back i'll have their pictures.

WHOA !!! Dude, take it easy with the stereotypes. There's good and bad apples in every batch.

I caught a guy going into the back field yesterday Marty... saw his truck on the road and I just happened to be up test flying my airplane. I circled and circled at tree top until I found where he was and he ran for his truck.. then I followed him (in the air) all the way home, then landed back at home and called the police to have him charged with tresspassing.

Oh.. and don't miss this thread..

http://www.ofncommun...=1entry518672

Good job Wayne.

Bet he never thought of someone in a plane following him home.

I have a backhoe Brian.....

All I have is a bunch of shovels, but I know how to operate the backhoe if necessary.

I like using the shovels Brian. Easier to get into the back country swamps where your buried treasure is less likely to be found. ;)

WHOA !!! Dude, take it easy with the stereotypes. There's good and bad apples in every batch.

HMMMMM

I like using the shovels Brian. Easier to get into the back country swamps where your buried treasure is less likely to be found.

Funny. Mafia and shovels used in two posts.LOL

Edited by BrianB