Wish me luck !!!!!

Lunker777

Hey everyone !

@ about 2 am this morning, the gf and I will be making the drive to Kentucky lake (10 hrs), I will be fishing the BFL regional there. I am fishing as a co-angler against 199 other co-anglers ! This is my first year of competitive bass fishing and I only have 4 other tournaments under my belt so needless to say, this is a pretty big deal to me ! haha First place in this tourny is a 198VX Ranger with a 200 E-Tec !

I guess I'm asking for some wishes of luck from our great OFC community !!! haha and I promise, If I come back with the boat behind my truck .... all of you are invited to fish with me !!!!!!!!! hahah

Ill report back in 5 days !!!

Talk to you soon !

Thanks everyone !!!!

I made it back safe and sound.... with out a boat though ! hahah

Day 1 - Good partner, we travelled 79 mile to our spot... so 158 miles round trip ! haha thats a looooooooooooonnnng trip on the boat ! The fish didnt turn on till late, we only had about an hour left to fish... we both only managed 1 keeper. But that one keeper was good enough for 48th place out of 152 boats. 2 lbs 3 oz. ! hahahah

Day 2 - Well.... its tough to stay positive when you meet your boater for the day and he asks... " Do YOU know anywhere to fish on this lake ??? " ....hmmm.... needless to say it was a pretty slow day... basically we studied a map while waiting to take off and fished areas we thought might be good. I blanked on the second day, as did my boater.... so home I came !!!

All in all it was a good time !!! It was great to fish a new lake, well two new lakes... KY Lake and Barkley Lake. Resevoir fishing is a whole new ball game and I will be back.