Neighbor kid just shot a bb through my living room window!

splashhopper

Both of my parents were principals. Almost all of my family friends were somehow related to education. Now that I am a certified teacher, I think it's hilarious how parents attack teachers for their child's inability to perform at grade level. I'm certain in 95% of those cases, the parent's spend 0-10 minutes or less with their kids daily on improving/catching up.

My mom was a teacher in my middle school down the hall from me before she became a VP. You wouldn't believe the ridiculous standards I was held to at school. Any, and all, of my indiscretions were brought to her attention, and boy did I hear about it.

After hearing a story of juvenile misbehaviour like this, I see it as a failed opportunity to teach the kid about the seriousness of his actions, and the impact it can have on the entire community. The fathers reaction is what makes me sick to my stomach. Every good parent feels a sense of obligation not just to his own family, but the community as a whole. Unfortunately, some tight-knit "small town"-like communities are becoming unhinged by a new generation of abstract parents who raise their kids without consequences.

I wonder how much we've given up, and how much society has changed since women have gained power (which they should) because of the "But hey, I do want to sleep in the same bed as my wife so I call the police." factor. When I see how feminized and soft our society has become I tend to think we willingly give in to much and too often because we like sex so much. Maybe more kids would be more disciplined if we weren't always trying to be nice in order to not raise the ire of our wives while disciplining their "babies"..There is no doubt it happens.

Probably the dummest thing I have read since Holdfast was around here.

I wonder how much we've given up, and how much society has changed since women have gained power (which they should) because of the "But hey, I do want to sleep in the same bed as my wife so I call the police." factor. When I see how feminized and soft our society has become I tend to think we willingly give in to much and too often because we like sex so much. Maybe more kids would be more disciplined if we weren't always trying to be nice in order to not raise the ire of our wives while disciplining their "babies"..There is no doubt it happens.

What cave did YOU :dunno: just crawl out of?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph... I wish a broken window was the top of my problem pile this week.

I shot my sister in the ass with a pellet gun, by accident, when I was about 10 when staying at Gramma Grahams on Glamour Lake... Gramma beat be raw!

I just wish the fishing threads that guys/gals take hours and hours to post got as much attention.

Ive have sort of the same problem , crazy if you ask me but I see no end to this without someone getting very hurt , . My sons 16 and 18 came home from a party late a few weeks ago , on the corner of our street is an all night 7-11 store , after getting off bus they went to the store to grab a pop and some chips , when they came out of store two guys (cant be racist here ) said hey you honkeys give us your phones . I know what I would do but I told my sons do not confront anyone just get in the house safe . They made it home but I was awoken by the sound of a garbage can crashing thu my front plate glass window (1200 dollars to the insurence ) . My sons were all sorry dad we didnt do anything (you almost get ROBBED and ITS YOUR fault). went to store got info on guys called police (they live on the next street).Its been two weeks still no help from police(they charged them but than let them go untill court) seven broken windows (insurence has said look for someone else as they would not be renewing ????!!!!!)later and still no help from police , WHAT IM I TO DO ????? let these punks run me out of the HOOD I LIVED IN AND PAIDED TAXES for 35 years, ITS MY HOOD NOT THEIRS , never paid nor will they pay any taxes in their sorry lives . Sad sad day for good people , hope things work out better for you than they have for me , Gonna take my family and move away from this soon ,its all I can do IM not Mr Kersey(you know the guy from death wish , but I wish I was , I have even been told by police to stay away from these "BOYS"!!!!!!) ,call me racist (man I am the last person who should be labled such)Im not racist call me I dont know ,Familyist , I have a real hate on right now for people that have no familys and do not know whats RIGHT AND WORNG, NO FATHERS NO THANKSGIVEING ,NO GET TOGETHERS ,NO CHRISTMAS, NO SENCE OF WHAT IS NICE !!!!!!! as I said hope it works out better for you , but I do not see any end to the mess Im in but hurt ... How does this happen ???

Edited by capt bruce

it's not the police's fault that you haven't been paid for the window. That is up to the court. We can't make anyone pay for anything....and the only real way we can even remotely do that is if they had agreed to fix your window in a certain time period or they'd be charged as per the "it never works" alternative measures....

it's not the police's fault that you haven't been paid for the window. That is up to the court. We can't make anyone pay for anything....and the only real way we can even remotely do that is if they had agreed to fix your window in a certain time period or they'd be charged as per the "it never works" alternative measures....

If this was directed at me , sorry if I came off blameing the police , they have been very Sympathetic ,but they have to(I do not know why when its cut and dryed its them) serve and protect the "bad" guys too. To me these guys should be in jail and my family should be allowed to sleep at nights ,as it is now I sleep on the couch with a bat , when things(bricks , rocks , metel bars , thank god so far nothing on fire) come flying thru one of my windows I run out ,but so far have not been able to catch anyone.I know the police have a tough job BUT !!!!! what did I do to deserve this ,work in same job for 37 years , payed all my taxes never even had a speeding ticket , now my family cant sleep for the fear they will be burned in their beds ,because they would not give away there phones ???????????