Hunting regs?

misfish

I have looked through the regulations about having a shotgun and bow at the sametime .

Can anyone clear this for me?

Come next week it will be turkey time(would sooner knock the head off the bird, then shot through the body with an arrow,dont want to waste good meat), it will only be bow for deer.To me, Im covering both senerios.

I have looked through the regulations about having a shotgun and bow at the sametime .

Can anyone clear this for me?

Come next week it will be turkey time(would sooner knock the head off the bird, then shot through the body with an arrow,dont want to waste good meat), it will only be bow for deer.To me, Im covering both senerios.

if i remember correctly, as long as you have no slugs on your person, and only bird shot, you shouldnt have a problem.i would leave the slugs and anything else not required for bow hunting deer, at home so MNR officers have no doubt what the guns is for.

Ive questioned this before a long time ago my reason was for bow hunt deer, and shotgun for coyote if they were out of bow range. you can have both with you as long as one is encased, if you get firm confirmation would love to hear it, since my info never came from the mnr so i may even be wrong.

Ive questioned this before a long time ago my reason was for bow hunt deer, and shotgun for coyote if they were out of bow range. you can have both with you as long as one is encased, if you get firm confirmation would love to hear it, since my info never came from the mnr so i may even be wrong.

This is my understanding as well. Otherwise you have two firearms out at the same time.

Not to the gun Registry and PAL... but it is to a CO during hunting season!

from pg 21 in the hunting regs.

Firearms

Firearms include rifles, shotguns, air or pellet guns, bows and

crossbows. You may use semi-automatic or repeating firearms

for hunting in Ontario, but not handguns or fully automatic

firearms. Air and pellet pistols with a muzzle velocity less

than 152 metres (500 feet) per second may be used for hunting

in Ontario (see restrictions on page 22).