OK, I have got to find some info on this

Terry

So I was surfing the web when I fell off and landed on this page

http://hkruiwah.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-210482010-6/Outboard_Engine.html

I couldn't believe the prices..and on new motors, atvs and whatnot

you do have to pay the shipping from Hong Kong but........

so does anyone know anything about this stuff

Looks like its a wholesaler from China. If the price break on one unit + shipping is cheaper then you are making money! If you have some extra cash order some more and up the price on kijiji or ebay....

But the bleeding hearts will suggest you are ruining our economy by ordering from China... I guess they've never shopped at Walmart or No Frills......

Guest gbfisher

I was reading that they do nothing to stop "others" from scamming you.

Alibaba.com Is Doing Nothing To Stop Scams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was recently a victim of a scam on Alibaba.com. For those that don't know what Alibaba.com is; it's a business to business network that allows business to connect and trade their goods. Well, there is a certain verification that a company can get which is called a "Trust Pass." This basically states that they are a trusted member.

So what is the problem? These "Trust Pass" members are ripping people off left and right, and Alibaba.com is doing nothing to stop it. If you are ripped off they take no responsibility whatsoever for it. It is so frustrating and I really don't know what to do, other than get peoples stories out there. Please check this blog to see what I mean: Alibaba.com ripoff blog.

I was reading that they do nothing to stop "others" from scamming you.

Alibaba.com Is Doing Nothing To Stop Scams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was recently a victim of a scam on Alibaba.com. For those that don't know what Alibaba.com is; it's a business to business network that allows business to connect and trade their goods. Well, there is a certain verification that a company can get which is called a "Trust Pass." This basically states that they are a trusted member.

So what is the problem? These "Trust Pass" members are ripping people off left and right, and Alibaba.com is doing nothing to stop it. If you are ripped off they take no responsibility whatsoever for it. It is so frustrating and I really don't know what to do, other than get peoples stories out there. Please check this blog to see what I mean: Alibaba.com ripoff blog.

Pay with a master card or visa so you have purchase protection... if you sent them pay pal money or western union... that's why they don't feel bad for you. There is no NEW WORLD ORDER to rule over everyone yet.. that's why they can get away with it. Other countries have bigger issues to deal with than consumer complaints.

Just remember that if you buy an outboard overseas, you buy it without warranty. Don't think for one second that Yamaha Canada or Mercury Canada or Honda Canada or anyone else will perform warranty repairs on an engine that they did not sell. They won't do it. They won't even repair an engine you buy from a dealer in the US.

Call and ask for yourself if you have any doubts.

Just remember that if you buy an outboard overseas, you buy it without warranty. Don't think for one second that Yamaha Canada or Mercury Canada or Honda Canada or anyone else will perform warranty repairs on an engine that they did not sell. They won't do it. They won't even repair an engine you buy from a dealer in the US.

Why the double standard when U.S. cars are been sold and serviced in Canada?

Seems dumb. Personally I wouldn't be turning away any kind of business in this economy.

The reason they try to get out of U.S. warranties, Is the dealer has to summit the warranty work orders to the

U.S. office.Then it take alot longer to be paid for the labour.

As a authorize dealer, they are obligated to do the warranty work.

One right phone call will get that bull crap straighten out.

Be there done that!

im afraid i have to go with tybo on this one. cant say what woiuld happen with the overseas sales but warranties are honored from the us. in spite of all the threats these are north american warranites. what happens when yo drive your car in the states - it is still covered by warratny when you travel. my us vehicle has had warranty repairs in canda, as my stratos boat and its johnson outboard, and its humminbird electronics, etc.

now my us purchased vehicel only qualifies for us recalls and servicebulletines,

just my experience cant speak for everyone.

Pay with a master card or visa so you have purchase protection... if you sent them pay pal money or western union... that's why they don't feel bad for you. There is no NEW WORLD ORDER to rule over everyone yet.. that's why they can get away with it. Other countries have bigger issues to deal with than consumer complaints.

Be informed before trusting you CC. Only CERTAIN cards have buyer protection. If you purchase online it is a good measure of protection.

I dont see any pricing on that site anywhere..When I tried to contact the seller I recived no response..If it seems to good to be true it usually is. Has anyone else even seen a price on a product?

Guest gbfisher

I dont see any pricing on that site anywhere..When I tried to contact the seller I recived no response..If it seems to good to be true it usually is. Has anyone else even seen a price on a product?

I clicked on the first engine. Al the info is there pirce included..and it says..."Price: FOB USD 0~1500 / Unit Negotiable"

Engine Capacity 1 - 2L

Fuel Type Gasoline

Cylinders 2

Engine Position Outboard

Dimensions (L x W x H) (mm) -

ORIGINAL YES

WARRANTY 1 YEAR

SHIPPING DOOR TO DOOR SERVICE

INSURANCE YES

BRAND YAMAHA

ORIGIN PLACE JAPAN

HP Range 2.5/4/6/8/9.9/15/20/25/40 ETC

Payment & Shipping Terms:

Price: FOB USD 0~1500 / Unit Negotiable

Minimum Order Quantity: Negotiable Trial Order

Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Unit/Units -Trial Order

Port: HK, SHANGHAI

Packaging Details: SEALED IN THE ORIGINAL BOX.

Delivery Time: 12~~48 HOURS HAVE CHECKED THE PAYM

i still dont see the price. from 1 to 1500 units. i dont think this is the price this is the amount avaiable for sale.

EDIT I just recived this email from the seller now.

Hello Friend,

Thanks for your mail.

Followed is the price of the goods u need.

Yamaha 15HP 4 Stroke 15 inch Shaft------------------US $760.00/PC

Yamaha 15HP 4 Stroke 20 inch Shaft------------------US $820.00/PC

Hearing from you.

Regards,

Joe

How many you want.

More order, we can free shipping for u.

If one unit, the shipping fees is US $120.00

Regards,

Joe

Edited by tb4me

i still dont see the price. from 1 to 1500 units. i dont think this is the price this is the amount avaiable for sale.

Hello Friend,

Thanks for your mail.

Hearing from you.

Regards,

Joe

How many you want.

Regards,

Joe

Seems fishy.... who wants to be the first to try this one out ??? haha

Hello Friend,

Thanks for your mail.

Hearing from you.

Regards,

Joe

How many you want.

Regards,

Joe

TOO FUNNY.

The reason they try to get out of U.S. warranties, Is the dealer has to summit the warranty work orders to the

U.S. office.Then it take alot longer to be paid for the labour.

As a authorize dealer, they are obligated to do the warranty work.

One right phone call will get that bull crap straighten out.

Be there done that!

Dealers aren't obligated to do anything of the sort. Warranties are a matter of good faith and good business practice. But there is no law anywhere requiring any company to perform warranty work on a product they did not sell. That goes for both the dealer and the manufacturer's distributor.

A Canadian boat&motor dealer does not submit warranty claims to the US office. They can only submit warranty claims to the Canadian company (Yamaha, Merc, Honda or whoever) because that, legally, is who they have the dealership contract with. It is up to the Canadian manufacturer to then decide if they want to eat the cost of the repair or not.

If you have had a Canadian dealer repair a US engine under warranty, then you were lucky enough that someone (i.e. the Canadian office of Merc, Yamaha or whoever) decided to do it as a matter of good faith. This does happen, as every company wants you to buy their products for life. But none of them are under any sort of obligation to do this whatsoever.

I should point out it is a different story with boats - most (but not all) do have a North American warranty.

im afraid i have to go with tybo on this one. cant say what woiuld happen with the overseas sales but warranties are honored from the us. in spite of all the threats these are north american warranites. what happens when yo drive your car in the states - it is still covered by warratny when you travel. my us vehicle has had warranty repairs in canda, as my stratos boat and its johnson outboard, and its humminbird electronics, etc.

now my us purchased vehicel only qualifies for us recalls and servicebulletines,

just my experience cant speak for everyone.

See my response to Tybo. Engines, at the present time, do not have North American warranties. If the manufacturer eats the repair cost on a US engine, then be happy because someone just did you a major favour. They are not required to do so, and with the tighter economy these days, they are all watching the pennies more closely than ever.

well craig do me a favor dont tell my local dealers! :whistling: like the toyota dealer who has serviced my us truck since 2007, the johnson dealer who has serviced my outoard since 2008, or the ontario humminbird dealer who has serviced both my fishfinders. they must all have big hearts to eat all these costs. my toyota dealer did not eat a 4000$ repair on a us bought vehicle to be a nice guy you know? :dunno:

as i said - in my experience with multiple us vehicles i haven't had any issues.

Edited by smally21