Help me identify this bird singing

Joey

I got woken up to the most beautiful bird singing the other day. I put my camera down by the window and just let it play for awhile, which made me realize I need to stain and paint my bay window, but that's another matter :D

Anyhow, I have listened to countless North American bird calls on the internet for the past few days and cannot figure out what bird it is. Can you give it a listen and let me know if you know what bird this is. I have not heard it before or since.

It is a higher pitched whistle that goes higher and lower.

Here is the link and turn it up please:

Thanks alot for your help.

Joey

I can hear a Chickadee or two, a Robin a Grackle... but I think that the singing bird with the ♪♫ is a common Finch , I heard a similar one yesterday, my backyard was full of them , it reminded me of ♪♫Silent Night♫♪

also found this on You Tube

Randy

:canadian:

Okay thanks for the replies. I now think it is the golden crowned sparrow.

Appreciate the help.

Joey

I've got a ton of White Throated Sparrows just recently arrived at my feeder on fall migration, they are very similar to the Golden Crowned Sparrows which are a western species. Most are the tan striped variation this season or maybe just immatures.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/White-throated_Sparrow/id

They have stopped here for a week of so everyone of the almost 30 years I've been here, got to be one of the signs of the spring and fall for me , also get a wave of White Crowned Sparrows just a little later.