Mercury Optimax Spark Plugs

Stoty

Does anyone know where I can get the PLATINUM NGK Spark Plugs from? (NGK # IZFR5G)

They are for a 2005 Mercury Optimax (225 HP)

I picked up 6 of the regular NGK plugs from CT yesterday, but I believe I should put the Platinum plugs in it, as that is what is recommended.

I will be in Toronto today (404/finch), so if there is any place that carries them between Bowmanville - Toronto, I would be able to pop by and get them.

Thanks for any help!

*Stoty

I just found a website that sells plugs and it looks like it is from Canada...

http://clubplug.ca/

I searched the site for my plug which I bought at a Marina for $18+tax each about 2 months ago, and on this site, which includes free shipping, a box of 10 would only cost me $126.40 + tax. I am so pissed that I had bought 4 for $72+tax.

PLUS if you use online coupon code 510101 - you get an additional 5% off.

Anyone else use this site in the past?

2173 BUZHW-2 NGK STANDARD PLUG / BOUGIE STANDARD 126.4 Set of 10

Edited by fisher

Thanks for the help guys!

NAPA here in Bowmanville, has them in stock, $19 each.

I just searched on the website and they are $18 each. Good price for sure, and I'll probably order from them the next time I need them.

Thanks again!

If you have time to wait for shipping then it's a good option... problem is...being the profession I am, I don't have time to wait. I might just order them for the future though.

Thanks again for the tips.

Wow, thanks for the suggestion of using EBAY.

I just won an Ebay bid for a lot of 23 of the spark plugs that I paid $18 each for at the Marina for only $50 US which includes $10 in shipping costs. Even with some duty - which may end up not being anything since the guy is shipping it as a "gift", I saved a ton of money.

At $18 each, I would have paid $414 for 23 plugs at the Marina. Now, hopefully the motor lasts as long as my supply of plugs.