Pflueger reels

walleyejack

Anyone know anything about Pflueger spinning reels ? President in particular,I don t see much on the net about them,have been offered one for $60.by a travelling salesman that is coming to Ont in Nov to peddle them. Found them on one site for $60.but doesn t seem like much of a deal,wanna do some Wally fishing and ice fishing with it possibly

Your input is welcome

I own 3 of them. 2 - 6125's and 1 - 6130. I love them all. Smooth drag and great feel. Hard to get parts though. I lost the dust cap for the where the reel handle screws in, called Pflueger Canada several times and left multiple voice mails. I eventually just gave up.

$60 is a fait price, not a steal though. I think BPS sells them for $69 + tax..

Pretty amazing reels if you ask me. I actually just got a president !

I've got 3 reels in total, the patriarch xt baitcaster, president, and supreme.

The supreme has been around for about 5 years and has been abused as ever, but still reeling fish in nicely.

The Patriarch XT has a titanium coating finish that I've yet to have put a single scratch on for 3-4 months now. Light and smooth too. Better than a curado? My biased answer is yes.

Bought the president for dropshotting, and so far it seems more solid than my Shimano Sahara(09). Line lay system is not very good, but it shouldn't be a problem at all.

I bought one for my Dad in the spring. It broke in the fall haha. I lent it to my buddy to do some pier casting for salmon and he was getting into a few... after a few fish the reel locked up. Took it apart and something had broken inside so I removed the broken-off part and surprisingly he continued to fish with it without problems. Probably shouldn't of taken it out for big kings but I can tell you my stradic doesn't break like under the same circumstance.

For the price its a good reel but if you do a lot of fishing I always recommend quality stuff that will last.

Edited by JoshS

ok thanks, haven t made the deal yet, still thinking, buddy won t be in ONtario till nov. or something like that. I don t like the idea of hard to find parts tho.

Thanks everyone

Hi Walleyejack, I have a used President 4735, asking $40, if you are interested, I also have a new 7' ML shimano rod if you are still looking for a rod.

They're the best reels on the market in that price point by a country mile in my opinion.

I own 2 Pflueger reels and I'd agree with Solo here, but I'm never one to cheap out on a reel (save for fly fishing - and only because I'm a beginner). I'm a firm believer that a Stradic is the best spinning reel on the market and would recommend them to anybody.

More on Pflueger topic, I have an ultralite president reel (couldn't justify the Stradic Ci4 for $200 for ultralite purposes) and it has treated me well. My one warning would be that you make sure it DOES NOT get wet. Unlike the Stradic, the Pfluegers tend to seize up when they get wet - as a wading fisherman this is a bit of an issue for me.

The point about the warranty made was a good one - mind you most companies won't quarrel over a $60 product - the good word of mouth beats the potential bad word of mouth.

ok Thnaks,I have been seeing they are a problem when they get wet,I was planning on doing a little ice fishing with it,but I will stick to my sticks and my wore out Browning for now.

thanks

I own 2 Pflueger reels and I'd agree with Solo here, but I'm never one to cheap out on a reel (save for fly fishing - and only because I'm a beginner). I'm a firm believer that a Stradic is the best spinning reel on the market and would recommend them to anybody.

More on Pflueger topic, I have an ultralite president reel (couldn't justify the Stradic Ci4 for $200 for ultralite purposes) and it has treated me well. My one warning would be that you make sure it DOES NOT get wet. Unlike the Stradic, the Pfluegers tend to seize up when they get wet - as a wading fisherman this is a bit of an issue for me.

The point about the warranty made was a good one - mind you most companies won't quarrel over a $60 product - the good word of mouth beats the potential bad word of mouth.

I have owned 3 Presidents and 1 Supreme for over 4yrs now. For the money they are an awesome deal. The only problem I have had was a bail spring broke when I lent my President 6740 it to a friend, I got if fixed under warranty at "Rockys?" no issues at all. As for dunking them locking them up I don't know what kind of "water" those reels are being dunked in but mine have all seen multiply dunkings and never locked up on me but then I do take them apart once a year and clean them.

What I really like about the President is the extra spool included and the cloth bag to keep the reels fromm getting tangled up in the trunk. Also the spool capacity on the 6740 means I can spool it in the spring, reverse the line in the fall and have "new" line.