Newbie(mom) trolls the dock with bassmaster Steve

Kwan

Steve's Sir-Catch-a-Lot's guide to bass fishing. I think he whips the bait strait into the fishes mouth on some of his casts. Anyway, drove with mom up to Orillia after getting her fishing license at CT to meet Steve to get out for some bass. From the trip, I was able to get some insight on catching largies around dock and shallow structure in the weeds, which I never am able to do. Steve is great, gets fishes to bite and asks if we want to bring it in and he doesn't even set the hook lol. So we fought some bass that otherwise we wouldn't have caught ourselves, while catching some bass that we otherwise wouldn't have known how to catch ourselves as well. Fish were gorging on crayfish from the guts of the dudes I cut open, and I even found a baby perch inside those feed bags. Check out the other post with the warning if you want to see exactly what a bass had for lunch today. Without further ado, heres some fish

IMG_1937.jpg?t=1285301165

Steve had something eating his bait and asks me if I'd like to take it. Sure!!!! Thanks Steve!

IMG_1933.jpg?t=1285301315

Steve's dropshot stays in the fish's mouth long enough to give my mom the rod

IMG_1942.jpg?t=1285301373

finally got one without having Steve to get the fish to eat first lol

IMG_1943.jpg?t=1285301558

Breaks her old pb bass of 0.5 pounds ! good job getting the fish to eat!

Steamed bass and two perch to keep it company. with ginger onion garlic.. this is the right size bass to steam properly (roughly 1 lb), so we kept the limit... and I have some gory picture of one of the fish's lunch I dont know if i should post haha

IMG_1948.jpg?t=1285301865

Thanks Steve!

IMG_1936.jpg?t=1285302180

Guest Johnny Bass

Yup. You chose the right man for the job. I'm sure your bass fishing will never be the same after the tips you learned. Bass fishing will only get better from here on. Just try to throw back the big ones!(Over 3lbs). Thanks for sharing.

Yup. You chose the right man for the job. I'm sure your bass fishing will never be the same after the tips you learned. Bass fishing will only get better from here on. Just try to throw back the big ones!(Over 3lbs). Thanks for sharing.

Big ones went back, they only kept a few around a pound. Steamed fish need to be small I'm told!