Flexible conduit for running trolling motor wiring?

scugpg

Hi all - I have the task of wiring up the parent's boat for a trolling motor to have the battery at the back of the boat. Problem is - the bench seats are all the way to the floor so I can't run pvc/abs along underneath the floor to run the wiring.

I want to find some sort of flexible conduit that I could run along the gunwale or the bench seats up to the front of the boat.

Would anyone know of something that would work? If there is such thing as 1 1/4'' big-O or something like that it could work.

Cheers,

Scugog

they sell gray flexible conduit for electrical purposes. i forget what its called, but any supply store should be able to hook you up.

but, does it really need to be actual electrical conduit? for a boat i'd just use some type of hose to contain all the wires as it will likely be cheaper and do the same thing...

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/norres-schlauchtechnik-gmbh-co-kg/flexible-plastic-cable-protection-conduit-with-connecting-element-26237-377032.html

Edited by ch312

they sell gray flexible conduit for electrical purposes. i forget what its called, but any supply store should be able to hook you up.

but, does it really need to be actual electrical conduit? for a boat i'd just use some type of hose to contain all the wires as it will likely be cheaper and do the same thing...

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/norres-schlauchtechnik-gmbh-co-kg/flexible-plastic-cable-protection-conduit-with-connecting-element-26237-377032.html

Nope it doesn't have to be electrical conduit, just some decent hose would work. Do you have any suggestions? Would be nice to get something cost-effective.

PVC is like $6.00 for a 10ft piece too bad this won't work very well in this case.

Hi all - I have the task of wiring up the parent's boat for a trolling motor to have the battery at the back of the boat. Problem is - the bench seats are all the way to the floor so I can't run pvc/abs along underneath the floor to run the wiring.

I want to find some sort of flexible conduit that I could run along the gunwale or the bench seats up to the front of the boat.

Would anyone know of something that would work? If there is such thing as 1 1/4'' big-O or something like that it could work.

Cheers,

Scugog

You could use liquid tight. Its a flexible conduit. It comes in two sizes 1/2 and 3/4 and can be found an home depot.