Weekend at Bernie's - Fall 2010

ccmtcanada

Is it just me or is that a giant white marshmellow? Were you trying to line walleye? laugh.gif

Absolutely not! By using a marshmellow it helps to keep the jig off bottom, right in the strikezone. Similar to blowing up a worm or using a floating jighead. The mellow also adds a little sweetness that seems to drive the fish nuts.wink.gif

Awe, man Bernie, I sorry for that! May I suggest the following cure, as it seems to have worked for me:

-BEER! Gotta keep your fluids up!

-Ceasars - Gotta keep the vitamins coming

-Vodka - a little tonic and a slice of lime, again, strictly for vitamin intake!

I knew I shouldhave left those lemons for yah!

Hope you get better soon B!

HH

ps... FnS... please don't be giving away all our hard earned knowlege with regard to techniques and bait to be used on Nip... we want there to be fish left for us on our next visit!

Great report and pics Cliff, congrats on a nice looking largie...

Classic middle finger pose...lol.

Looks like fun...thanks for posting...

Perhaps we shud get together & car pool down there.We could show those guys from the south how northern fisherman catch them.

Well you could show them how to fish & I could show them how to drink. :D

I'm just kidding,great post,THX for shareing.

ps... FnS... please don't be giving away all our hard earned knowlege with regard to techniques and bait to be used on Nip... we want there to be fish left for us on our next visit!

It's no secret since Cliff didn't photoshop out the baits.mad.gif Figured since the damage was done, it didn't matter.sad.giftongue.gif

Perhaps we shud get together & car pool down there.We could show those guys from the south how northern fisherman catch them.

Well you could show them how to fish & I could show them how to drink. :D

I'm just kidding,great post,THX for shareing.

Do you northern guys use smaller marshmellows? Or do you prefer the coloured one's?

HH

Edited by Headhunter

one day I hope to make the big league and get a change to spend some time with you guys . Too bad about the water this year hope they get things up there worked out , but good food ,good company , water even if its shallow ,boats, makes for life time memories , didnt see any pics of ccmt and headhunter playing guitars , dont tell me no camp fire sing alongs ?? Im jealous as Im sure many are. B

Hey Bruce,

As CCMT was only going to be up for a day, we decided to not bring our guitars... not enough time to warrant the effect it would have on our drinking time! LOL

I'm sure we'll be serenading Gerritt with the Lake Nip version of "Brown Eyed Girl" come February! LMAO

Phil, there was no digging required at the time of that photo... just needed something to stop it from dripping all over myself, again!

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Thanks for the advise Dr. Joe. :)

I think there are a couple of shriveled up lemons from the May trip in the fridge. There may be some vitamins left in them. :rolleyes:

Think we might be able to get some florescent pink marshmallows that glow in the dark for the next trip?

thanks for posting the report and our pics Cliff! Joe, myself and my buddy Joe all had this head cold.. Brutal!

Bernie.. it is a good excuse for a few days off... need some company? Bawahahaha!

As always gentlemen I had a great time, and I look forward to our winter trip..

But please.. can we make it longer? there never seems to be enough time to catch up..

We do this 3 times a year and it seems the time spent up there gets shorter and shorter..

good friends, good times, good food and great conversation...

The lemons dont hurt either...

problem is with us all sick.. we have probably put the lemon farmers out of business!.. as a total of ONE lemon was murdered on this trip.... ONE!!!!

As for the marshmallows... I will not divulge what color I caught my 21"r on..

G.