Rainwear

Cosmos

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a new rain suit.

I would like to get your opinion and help.

I used to have this one:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_58186_100014000_100000000_100014000_100-14-0

My opinion is - a waist of money. It's light weighted and breathable, but won't last long(one year for me and pants gone).

I checked a BPS: they do have only some XL and up sizes suites. Nothing what i can put on myself.

Found that one on Cabelas: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=null-cat21162&rid=&indexId=cat21162&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=0&parentType=index&parentId=cat21162&id=0026939&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=&cm_ite=netcon&rid=2146251080

I am wondering if somebody ownes one. Looks like a pretty good one. Prise is pretty good as well - it's around $221 USD(duties+shipping included). But i am affraid that i can order a wrong size.

If somebody can give me a good advise i will really appreciate that. Maybe you can point me to some other rainwear here in GTA stores.

Thanks.

I have the Gander Mountain Guide Series Gore-Tex raingear. Its a shame they discontinued them this year.

If I was buying again I would go with Cabelas Guidewear...keep and eye on the Bargain cave they go on sale...you can't beat a quality Gore-Tex suit. Not a fan of the BPS advertising on the suits.

Another cheaper option is the Columbia Outlet in Windsor. They may have some of their OmniTech gear. I think BassPro has them as well.

Another good thread here: http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41149

RedHead Thunderlight is my personal favorite (Pants & jacket). It's very lightweight, compact and breathable. You can store in the bottom of a bag, even tacklebox if you got the room. I've worn it through some very heavy downpours and always dry as can be when I take it off. Used it for 4hrs of fishing Sunday morning in the pouring rain at a cottage up north and I didn't have a change of clothes with me. Thankfully I was dry as can be after :)

Edited by Governator

RedHead Thunderlight is my personal favorite (Pants & jacket). It's very lightweight, compact and breathable. You can store in the bottom of a bag, even tacklebox if you got the room. I've worn it through some very heavy downpours and always dry as can be when I take it off. Used it for 4hrs of fishing Sunday morning in the pouring rain at a cottage up north and I didn't have a change of clothes with me. Thankfully I was dry as can be after :)

Looks good to me. Did you get it from BPS? Do you know if they have all sizes at the store?

Looks good to me. Did you get it from BPS? Do you know if they have all sizes at the store?

Yea it goes up to like 2x or 3x. I wore my standard clothes I wear in the fall or cooler weather when I tried them on so that I got the right size to fit over them. When you walk in from the parking lot, turn left past the cashiers and it's one of the first sections in the "Rain Gear" area on your left.

what about the bass pro 100mph...whats the difference between that and the pro qualifier besides price

not much that I have noticed. I actually prefer the look of the pro qualifier over the 100mph.. expecailly if I am saving 50$ on each item.

was wondering tho.. how well do you think the Pro Qualifier & 100mph suites would hold up for ice fishing/kneeling in the snow etc? any one have experiance with them?