Merland Park facebook page

Shaun Rickard

That`s fine everybody has an opinion and is entilted to it, having said that I myself and I am sure many more in this community would prefer not to support someone who does not respect our fishing regulations.

And I must say I am a little surprised that you support a poacher but hey your entitled to do that if you like!

we did have more then our fair share of problems with the place but nothing that was unforgivable.....it was only mouse turds...

I was POed that they charged us for guaranteed dock spots, didn't tell any of the employees about it and didn't charge anyone one except OFNers

and we came back at the end of fishing for the day and there was no docking spots and it was "oh well nothing we can do "

but in the end it's the only place I know of that can house all the people that show up for the BOQ M&G.......

so I would go back and give them another try......but that's just me....we will see what the masses do this year for the M&G

we did have more then our fair share of problems with the place but nothing that was unforgivable.....it was only mouse turds...

I was POed that they charged us for guaranteed dock spots, didn't tell any of the employees about it and didn't charge anyone one except OFNers

and we came back at the end of fishing for the day and there was no docking spots and it was "oh well nothing we can do "

but in the end it's the only place I know of that can house all the people that show up for the BOQ M&G.......

so I would go back and give them another try......but that's just me....we will see what the masses do this year for the M&G

Well we have had the same problems at Merlands that we have had at many other places, including Lakair, yet we all go back there. I've gone back to places where I didn't particularly like the owners, nor the accomodations, but really liked the area and lake and the fishing was great. I spend most of my time on the lake so all the rest is time spent re-energizing with food and drink and catching a few naps, and at G2G's, seeing members/friends.

Everyone has their own opinion and that's fine, but it looks like the BOQ G2G is never going to be the same, which is a bummer. Might as well just not bother going anymore :(

I will never stay at Merlands again after last winter a druck guy staying there ran over all my gear and owners never gave a crap about anything. I took pictures of the guys plate number and them as well but nothing was done. Ruined over $1000 worth of gear. I should have gone to a lawyer about it but oh well. Beware, the owners dont give a crap about anything. Sorry but its not a good site when they allow guys to drive around drunk on their property damaging others stuff. Take your money and run sort of thing. I have steered a few away from staying there now, sorry Shawn but thats how it is. I never promote someone like that

Sorry guys, not getting in on this. The way I see it, opinions are like arses, everyone has one... lol!

Hope you all have a great Fall season, regardless of where you choose to stay and/or fish.

Cheers,

Shaun

To Funny Shaun,

Only an Englishmen or Newfie would say that. :rofl2::rofl2: My favorite saying from my Pop most of my life growing up and I still use it daily. :w00t:

Hope to see you on the water. Have a good fall.

Sorry guys, not getting in on this. The way I see it, opinions are like arses, everyone has one... lol!

Hope you all have a great Fall season, regardless of where you choose to stay and/or fish.

Cheers,

Shaun

Maybe so Shaun, but usually where there's smoke there's fire.

People on here are generally just as quick to praise as to criticize.

On a side note I have to say I always enjoyed your show as well as your delicious beer. :D

rickards_red.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

The mouse turds is nasty enough, but not having dock space that you payed for?That would really make me fume!Sounds like this guy is all about taking your money and after that your on your own. And you think he'd be making enough money as to not have to poach lakers but i guess not....

My friend owns bass cove right next door. Unfortunately he only has a few cottages, but hopefully in the near future he will build more.

Reminds me of a place called foresters on BOQ. These guys had the worst service from what I hear but location aided them.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Smalliefisher, maybe you should of taken up your problem with the guy that ran over your gear. running to the camp owner crying about some guy who ran over your gear is your problem not the owners. And as far as blaming the owners for letting someone drive that has been drinking, Give me a break man. The owners are probably glad that your not coming back.