Salmon out from lift bridge or bronte

Stoltzeneggar

Guest LivingLegend

Im no expert myself but I believe not yet. I think its more near october they run but i could be wrong. Someone will have the answer.......

Not sure what info you're looking for? There are Salmon "swimming" in the Lake off Bronte/Hamilton. Are you asking if they can be caught from shore? Or in a boat? Its a bit early but the Salmon will be closer to shore in the evening and overnight, shore fishing for them will start anytime...As far as boat fishing, 50-75 fow would be a good starting point, Lymans,J-plugs in hot colours and the usual assortment of Spoons and flashers/Flies and meat rigs will work.

I have been out a couple times this week, best depths have been 80 to 110 fow, with cannonballs down deep 75-85, meat/flasher has been the best and have tried in closer 40-50 fow, with nothing happening yet, all the fish I have caugth in front of bronte have still been fairly silver, radio talk has decent fish coming in front of lift bridge as well, so either or, but i would think you need a boat

out yesterday ... 300 feet of water .. down 35 the water at 35 feet was 53 degrees we caught 5 good salmon and releason 7 rainbows... we fished early am in the dark at the mouth of the ganaraska had 1 good salmon on and lost it .. at sunrise we headed to 300 feet of water ... there were salmon in the river .. we had a good rain today here so it should bring more salmon in the river ... good luck

Guest Rapala Boy

out yesterday ... 300 feet of water .. down 35 the water at 35 feet was 53 degrees we caught 5 good salmon and releason 7 rainbows... we fished early am in the dark at the mouth of the ganaraska had 1 good salmon on and lost it .. at sunrise we headed to 300 feet of water ... there were salmon in the river .. we had a good rain today here so it should bring more salmon in the river ... good luck

Sounds like the blue zone was producing. was this out from The Toronto Islands?

There are a handful of chinnies sniffing around on bottom in the 50 -60 foot range off the lift bridge .... they're starting to turn green, unlike the fish that are farther offshore. Lymans, J-Plugs, J-13s in bright colours have worked best but they're not exactly hitting like crazy.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will be fishing from a boat using dipsy divers and steel line. I guess we can only try and hope to get lucky. Also could someone tell me the ratio of feet of line out to depth when using steel line. I have heard many different scenarios. I use 20 lb test steel. Thank you.

Honestly, why do people actually think others will tip them off when it comes to catching salmon early in the season???

You wanna know if they are running, then go check it out yourself like any other avid angler. Nobody wants to show up at a local river, and expect total chaos there.

And what is this other post about "netting salmon without fishing for it" is it legal? Of course it's not legal and so is snagging salmon in the mouth on purpose, if an officer sees you doing that I'm guessing you'll get fined for it. Does anybody read the regulations, that's what they are for!!!!

Edited by bongo

this one is for bongo. Its a forum! And like i said i fish up north mostly. What is wrong with helping out another angler, i never asked what people were using or how deep or anything else. No wonder why you are single, lol.

ouch, why do salmon threads get so heated. Also, the majority of anglers here would be glad to help.

this one is for bongo. Its a forum. And like i said i fish up north mostly. What is wrong with helping out another angler, i never asked what people were using or how deep or anything else. No wonder why you are single, lol.

This one is for Bongo, yap yap yap, what are you a little kid, seems that way. Dude how'd you know i'm living the single life, did your wife tell you?

All I meant to say is that, find out if Salmon are running yourself, like a true fisherman. This site is for techniques if at all, not for locations and spots.

Edited by bongo

Guest Rapala Boy

Lol I remember when I posted my report last week then the day after the number of fisherman under the Credit CNR bridge tripled. Funny thing is i'm not sure what I lost was even a salmon.

Lol I remember when I posted my report last week then the day after the number of fisherman under the Credit CNR bridge tripled. Funny thing is i'm not sure what I lost was even a salmon.

Thats why posting on the internet is bad.

I counted 134 people at the trench last night. As opposed to the 10 that were there last week.

Thats why posting on the internet is bad.

I counted 134 people at the trench last night. As opposed to the 10 that were there last week.

I agree totally. :clapping:

WE can share our adventures and techniques without giving away the locations to the trollers that lurk here.

Shore fishing fly fishing and pinning, for brown trout and king's last week on a cool evening landed me 3 browns in the GTA. biggest was about 20-25lbs. sorry no photo, was taken just at about 930pm on a ********. I saw some guys down rigging about 1 KM of shore..the fish can be closer then you think! enough said.

Shore fishing fly fishing and pinning, for brown trout and king's last week on a cool evening landed me 3 browns in the GTA. biggest was about 20-25lbs. sorry no photo, was taken just at about 930pm on a ********. I saw some guys down rigging about 1 KM of shore..the fish can be closer then you think! enough said.

Do you even get a drift from the river anymore down by the pier?

Do you even get a drift from the river anymore down by the pier?

non I was lets say it was more of an east trip in Toronto..but far from the mouth of the river, the fish come in from the east..look for cold fronts, cool evening over night hours morning till the sun peeks around 9 am or untill the lake gets a lot of boat traffic on it, then it dies..

That is a monster brown, good work, I cant wait until they are in the creeks, and we can all fight eachother for a decent spot on the bank! By the sounds of some of the other posts people are definitely angry when it comes to sharing a fishing spot!

That is a monster brown, good work, I cant wait until they are in the creeks, and we can all fight eachother for a decent spot on the bank! By the sounds of some of the other posts people are definitely angry when it comes to sharing a fishing spot!

Well that makes sense, it is the open internet after all.. I wont say any more detail then Lake Ontario from shore lol unless someone PM's me but most of the spots are obvious, arnt they?? if you were a fish, where would you poke around looking for your birth break wall or river ;)