fishing on cooks bay, report.

alexcba

so some of you may remember i made a post asking if anyone knew of any places we could rent a boat on cooks bay for saturday. capt directed me to a place and we met up with pete (really nice guy, does middle of the day reports on the water with his customers.)

the fishing was pretty hot in the morning, and you could pretty much see them all down at the bottom cause the water was so clear.. lots of snot rockets, lots of bass, but nothing picture worthy.

we were all tossing spoons and deep diving cranks in 15-20 fow (thanks for the tip pikehunter). vince got the big one of the day so i thought id post his fish on here, im in the backround giving him the thumbs up. :good:

utf-8BdmlubnkgcGlrZS5qcGc.jpg

what worked: dare devil spoons, deep diving brightly colored wally divers (lol fisherpete your wally divers are catching them all kinds).

depth: 15-20 fow on weed flats.

id like to thank everyone that gave recommendations, and helpful info in general. love this community.

for sure pikehunter, wouldnt mind gettin out there again soon.

pete, $10 each now LOL! even on sunday, we were running them off bottom with the live targets on rice and catching walters and smallies in good numbers. they will get used until the lips breakoff, and then they'll make ghetto fishing key chains lol.