Taking my 4 yr old lil gal fishing puts me in the hospital

Harrison

well that's it

you must give up that spot

you should give it to me and never go back..LOL

man that is nasty

Pm me, ;)

Phil, I think it's time for a fullsize BioHazard suit :)

I know, I even had my tinfoil hat on and all.

Phill I, like you were attached by these ants and was lucky my wife took my straight to emeg at East General, "Im ok dear just get me home" " shut up ,your going to the hospital" . Dont know if there is something to do with commerants , but I was attacked when out on the spit for a walk with the wife , I walked into an area that had dead trees loaded with cormerants nests and mounds of bird dropping all around . Started takeing pics of the damage and I noticed ant hills in the cormant poo . Thought wow must be some kind of tough ant that could make a home when all else was dead . Like you said the stings burn like hell and than I swelled up like a beached whale . The spit is out of bounds for me now , never going back , thanks for the heads up in Bowmanville wont be doing any hiking there allso .... ..

We should start a group. :) I remember you saying that before, glad you listened too.

1in 100.000 people can be overcome by fire ant bites.

Look up bit me by Mike Leahy.

Better odds then the lottery or Lew smiling after catching a bass.

I see that this is an old thread - revived....

Just wanted to mention that allergens in general, and stings/bites in particular can sensitize you. In other words, each subsequent exposure will cause a more severe anaphylactic reaction. In many people, repeat exposure can lead to anaphylaxis and death. Maybe not the first or second time, but ...

Be careful Phil, and be aware that your kids may have inherited your allergy.

Thanks Wizard, I will admit it has been a couple years since the first incident, I think I may of been a little complacent... Not anymore, especially with the lil ones. Good advice.

Just wanted to mention that allergens in general, and stings/bites in particular can sensitize you. In other words, each subsequent exposure will cause a more severe anaphylactic reaction. In many people, repeat exposure can lead to anaphylaxis and death. Maybe not the first or second time, but ...

I am pretty sure that is incorrect. If you have experienced a severe allergic reaction you are considered at risk for anaphylaxis. Anyone at risk will have been prescribed an Epipen. An anaphylactic reaction can happen at any time in subsequent reactions. It's unpredictable as well as the severity of the reaction.

Wow glad that you guys are OK and the kids never got bit, ..thanks for sharing your exeriences this really helps us become more aware of these critters ... I have been taking the dog for walks along the shore line , now I will choose another area

similar thing happened to my wife when pregnant. we were on Manitoulin Island visiting friends and doing an archery shoot when we stepped on a ground hornets nest. Never allergic before but she swelled up like crazy, luckily one of the people there was a nurse. benidry fixed it but later had a doctors appt and he prescribed a pen. Scary stuff. Glad your okay

Ian