goldeneaglecamp

bosc

I am looking for some help folks. Friends of ours booked us a cottage at Golden Eagle for the end of August.

I had a look at their site but no word on the info I'm looking for.

How far away is the Ottawa River?

How far is Elk Lake?

And is there any Lake Trout fishing near this camp.

I most likely leaving the boat on the trailer to try different lakes.

the camp is located about half way between elk lake and matachewan. probably about 15 miles to either town. i will be there the beginning of august. its a great laid back camp, and has a nice beach area for the kids. there are alot of lakes in the area, so leaving the trailer hooked up is a good idea to do some exploring.

if you need some more info just send me a pm and i can tell ya more, been their about the last 15 years.

jason

Yup, good to see you back again Rein.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Eh spends some time at Golden Eagle and has spoken highly of the place, infact, I think Dan the Man goes there too.

Actually, while I'm doing all this guessing, I believe the owner of the camp is a member here....or used to be.

Or am I thinking of a different place ?? :dunno:

Hey Rien,

Im not sure if I will a good help, but I went there last year for May 24 weekend.I must say Kerrie, Gary are CLASS act for a outfitter.Great service and hospitallity,

As for the fishing, we only fish the river itself.We caught a good numbers of bass and only a 2 walleye and few pikes.But the weather was terrible,We had blizzard condition and the water temp was still pretty cold.

We only fish 2 days and did ok.

Mike(MR,Eh) could probly give more advice on the place.If I am correctm he has been up

there more often then me

Good Luck

Dan

Golden Eagle is no where near the Ottawa River. It is on the Montreal River past Elk Lake. Elk Lake is sort of west of New Liskeard It is fairly remote being above the Indian Chutes Hydro dam on the way to Matachewan.

Pike fishing is great, maybe not a lot of monsters, but there are many to be caught. I don't think the walleye fishing is as good as in past years. I have fished this river many times from below Golden Eagle and up Consol Creek beyond the dam. That area is really stumpy so if you go and venture that far be prepared to hit a few tree stumps. However most guests of G.E. don't go this far downstream

You can actually find Elk Lake on Google Earth and have a look.

Ok hopefully you sent him a pm.LOL

We stayed there for three moose hunting seasons as the man that owned it at the time was a buddy/co-worker of the boys from Labbatts. I caught some desent pike right there off the docks and the odd eye. Lots of rock bass.

If your into bird hunting,it has some of the greatest grouse hunting and the bunnys are not that bad either.

Take a drive north to the logging roads and do some sight seeing of maybe a moose or two near the ponds and maybe even a bear or two.

You will see most of the grouse up there in the transplanted areas. Just drive the little side roads off the main logging roads and look on the lower branches of the pine trees. There are both rough and spruce up there. Spruce being the black bird.

Thanks guys. I'm doing good. Still getting the odd fish here and there. Odd that is.

I already sent 2 pms to MrEH, and heard nothing back. Jason and Brandon I'll sent you one shortly.

Pikehunter, yes you are right, my mistake.

Really hoping for some lakertrout info.

the montreal river is good for pike,pickeral and smallmouth bass and even lake trout

i know of some good fishing from there 15-45 minute drive for lakers

FYI there are lots of little trout lakes in that area that can be very good cerain times of the year

pm me if you need more info i might be a big help