CHARGER QUESTION

Guest LivingLegend

Guest LivingLegend

Ok this marine deep cycle battery is killing me. I have it on my MotorMaster 3 step charger set on 2amp. There are three lights, one green for competely charged, one red for having connection reversed and another red for overload... The red light for overload is on and charging has stopped, what does this mean. It say's nothing in the manual about the overload light. Is my charger busted now our my new $300 battery?wallbash.gifdunno.gifsad.gif

I don't know why it did that but 2 amps is not going to overload a good battery maybe the charger got hot and shut down for it's own protection

if your battery is down by 100 amp hrs it would take 50 hours to charge it back to full

I would use a good 10amp smart charger

it chargers the way a battery likes/needs to be charged ..bulk charges till it hits 80% or so full then drops down

absorption till full charged

then float..to maintain ..

so I would hook up a different charger or meter and see what is going on

Edited by Terry

Once again.Stop trickle charging your battery. It is for a maintenance charge to

keep the battery top off after It's fully charged. At 10 or 15 amp charge the plate will

take much longer to build up calcium on the plates.

Can you please submit a picture of this $300 battery.....oh, and while you're at it a picture of yourself...I would like to know what a fishermen looks like that would spend $300 on a battery.... :whistling:

I hope it all works out for you.

Bob

Guest LivingLegend

Can you please submit a picture of this $300 battery.....oh, and while you're at it a picture of yourself...I would like to know what a fishermen looks like that would spend $300 on a battery.... whistling.gif

I hope it all works out for you.

Bob

Well let me know if you can find a small compact battery that is 43lbs and still a good amp hr for under 239. I was told by everybody to not go cheap on a battery or charger. i dont want a honkin deep cycle battery that is the size of a boat at 70lbs.........what can ya do EH?dunno.gif

Edited by LivingLegend

I have the the same charger and mine did the same, light came on red overload. I unplugged the charger and disconnected the battery. There is a rocker switch that says maintenance free deep cycle. make sure its set on deep cycle. Then I hooked it all back up and it was good to go. Hope that works for you unless there is other issue's.

Well let me know if you can find a small compact battery that is 43lbs and still a good amp hr for under 239. I was told by everybody to not go cheap on a battery or charger. i dont want a honkin deep cycle battery that is the size of a boat at 70lbs.........what can ya do EH?dunno.gif

Sam's Club has them here for about $155 but even at that redickulas price I wouldn't purchase one when I can get a conventional deep cycle batter size 24 for about $65

Guest LivingLegend

I have the the same charger and mine did the same, light came on red overload. I unplugged the charger and disconnected the battery. There is a rocker switch that says maintenance free deep cycle. make sure its set on deep cycle. Then I hooked it all back up and it was good to go. Hope that works for you unless there is other issue's.

Thats correct, it was on deep cycle the whole time. Not sure why this occured but I just got back with a new battery and charger, both the same just replacements. Lets see how it goes................glare.gif

Guest LivingLegend

Sam's Club has them here for about $155 but even at that redickulas price I wouldn't purchase one when I can get a conventional deep cycle batter size 24 for about $65

Sams club, is this in the US I assume? Well looks like you got a good deal. i just wanted a maint. free battery (AGM), guess that comes with a heavy price. This is the size spec's......

Weight 43.5lbs.

Length 10.06inches

Height 7.94inches

Width 6.88inches