New Largemouth PB for me maybe

Cudz

Went out with Jaydub for an evening of fishing last night and the weather was absolutely perfect. Started off in Simcoe searching for some largemouth and then our plan was to hit up Couchching at night for some smallie action.

We did our best in Simcoe before it got dark but only managed a few smaller bass and lost a few as well. Just as the sun was setting we decided to hit up Couchiching. On the way to my smallie spot I thought I would throw a frog at some reeds. Glad I did. Caught a real nice lmb and it could be my pb but I did not weigh it for some reason. The fish completely inhaled my frog. The frog is still in its mouth in the picture and you can't see any of it. Her fins were a bit ratty looking but she was very strong. Not a real match for my new heavy action 7'6" rod and 50# pp (I actually swung that fish into the boat instead of trying to net or lip her). Not sure how much she weighed but she must be close to 5 pounds, maybe a bit less.

We stayed on Couchiching until midnight and managed a bunch of rockbass hitting lures that were way too big for them. lol. Jaydub is the rock bass master. I also caught a smallie and lost a nice smallie at the boat as it spit the hook at the boat as it made it 4th acrobatic jump.

The final pic is of a 1 pound perch (it weighed exactly 1 pound)that I caught last Thurs in Couchiching. I was fishing for smallies but for some reason the perch were attacking the bait all day. enjoy

Jydub with a nice largie taken on a senko in some pretty skinny water

july1401.jpg

Little largie on a wacky rigged senko in weeds on 8 pound test (not too smart)

july1402.jpg

Possible PB lmb taken on a Bobby's Perfect frog in reeds/pads

july1403.jpg

1 pound of perch take on a white bandit 100 crankbait

poundperch.jpg

You guys look pretty aerodynamic without the dirtsticks...Do you find the boat's going any faster? Nice largie Cudz! Good to see you got the day turned around!

Yeah, I must assume you have shaved yours off as well. Get about 1.5 mph more withouth them.

lol

Guest Johnny Bass

Very nice largie and perch. That fish looks like it could have inhaled your head, never mind the frog!I'd say 5 lb+ also.