Minn-kota power drive v2

tb4me

I bought a power drive V2 about 5 weeks ago. Maybe have 4 hrs use on it. I went down to the dock yesterday to find the motor had turned on itw own untill the cord wrapped around the shaft and couldnt turn anymore.I would appear as the motor is completely burned out?! :wallbash: I always unplug the foot pedal when not in use but this time it was just for overnight so I didnt.I checked the fuse and replaced it and nadda.The battery gauge shows 3/4 of a charge. So I charged the battery for a few hours. Try the motor again and all it will do is hummm and the prop wont turn. Im not impressed with this has anyone else had issues with brand new minn kota motors? So I call customer support # right on the motor and thier answering machine says thier closed for the new years holiday season! :w00t: Does anyone here think i can just simply return it to Canadian tire or am i limited to just minnkota service folks? Man am I bummed

well i now have it uninstalled (totally pissed BTW) and im going to attempt to return it to crappy. I wonder (after reading the other minnkota motor post) if the foot pedal went for a you know what? But why so soon? Im now thinkin id like my cash back and go buy a cable steer. motor guide perhaps? ARGH

Return it and get yourself a cable steer Minn Kota Unit...there is a reason the pros use cable steer units. They need something that's not going to crap out on them in a tournament. Power drive units have a long history of problems with the foot control.

Bob

I bought a power drive V2 about 5 weeks ago. Maybe have 4 hrs use on it. I went down to the dock yesterday to find the motor had turned on itw own untill the cord wrapped around the shaft and couldnt turn anymore.I would appear as the motor is completely burned out?! :wallbash: I always unplug the foot pedal when not in use but this time it was just for overnight so I didnt.I checked the fuse and replaced it and nadda.The battery gauge shows 3/4 of a charge. So I charged the battery for a few hours. Try the motor again and all it will do is hummm and the prop wont turn. Im not impressed with this has anyone else had issues with brand new minn kota motors? So I call customer support # right on the motor and thier answering machine says thier closed for the new years holiday season! :w00t: Does anyone here think i can just simply return it to Canadian tire or am i limited to just minnkota service folks? Man am I bummed

Hopefully you still have your receipt. Return it to Canadian Tire and get another one. Minn Kota or Motorguide are both good names. Keep in mind that these things are made by man. So there are bound to be a couple that are bad. If Canadian Tire doesn't help you bring your unit with receipt as proof of purchase to

A Aikman Sporting Goods Repair

3010 Novar Rd

Mississauga, ONL5B 1S4

Phone: 905-277-3595

Fax: 905-277-0088

They are an authorized warranty for Minn Kota.