Fly in Trip To Diamond Lake

Fang

Landed back in the city Friday night and just getting some time to put up a report. Six of us stayed at WIshing U Were Fishin's Diamond Lake outpost cabin for a week. As a paying guest it's nice to sit back and just fish for a week and have some fun with they guys. We flew out of Temagami and within 15 minutes touched down on Diamond Lake. It's been 4 years since I was in here fishin and boy was it good to be back. Saturday threw us a mixed bag of weather with a wild lightening storm forcing Rob(Family Guy)and I to take cover on shore. After a 15 minute downpour we mad it back too camp a little wet and got ready for day 2.

The week was full of walleye and a few trout. Bit was slow and we had to work for fish with slip bobber and worm rigs, jig and worm and trolling bottom bouncers. The trout were active and we got 9 small ones trolling frozen anchovy in meat rigs. 117 walleye, 9 Lake trout and some pike for 6 guys. Almost all our walleye were on the top end of the slot limit. It was hard top get a 16" under to keep. Had another good meal of walleye

and a couple of the guys took home a few fish. The last time I was there the avg size was 23" so they are getting bigger.

Dean got the longest walleye at 29" and to get 2 fish over 28" in this lake (known for numbers not big ones)is a good sign that the size limits are starting to produce bigger fish.

Enjoy the pics, Rob's nice trout

DSCF9001.jpg

Distracting scenery

DSCF9007.jpg

A typical trout

DSCF9037.jpg

My Big Walleye 28.75"

DSCF9020.jpg

close up on a clone 23-25" fish

DSCF9017.jpg

2 Trout came for dinner

DSCF9027.jpg

The meals were A-1, here we polish off the lakers and 2 lbs of shrimp - nap time right after

DSCF9025.jpg

The empty drum, I drink Macklays

DSCF9045.jpg

A couple walleye we caught had vivid blue fins on dorsal and tail. here you can get a glimpse but the shot just doesn't show the blue as good as in person.

DSCF9032.jpg

Probably back up on Temagami the end of the month for smallmouth.

Edited by Fang

Thanks for the refresher Paul !!!!

Some nice fish there and how can you beat a get away to Rick's camp?

I hope to be on my way by Tuesday night/Wednesday latest!!!! Drop in next time you're up if you run out of beer...

Edited by irishfield