Darryl Cronzy

addymark

If I was a man a Darryl's carriage, I don't think I'd draw attention to the fact that I make a pig out of myself every time I go fishing. I don't watch his show partly because it turns me off to see him fill his live well, and then his face, every single episode. I hate to think about the fish he keeps when the camera is not rolling. Given the choice between harvesting an important breeder or doing without his mandatory shore lunch, I’m fairly certain I know what the big guy would do.

-

He’s just not the kind of fisherman I’d invite in my boat, so why would I watch his show?

well he only keeps his legal limit

the MNR has those limits in place based on people taking their limit

he follows the rules, and by law he eats what he keeps, who am I to try to impose my morals on someone else who is fishing within the law..

also if no one ate fish I know they would make fishing illegal

C&R is important but so is eating them

well he only keeps his legal limit

the MNR has those limits in place based on people taking their limit

he follows the rules, and by law he eats what he keeps, who am I to try to impose my morals on someone else who is fishing within the law..

also if no one ate fish I know they would make fishing illegal

C&R is important but so is eating them

Give that Man cigar!

:good:

I think Cronzy's great!

I had the pleasure of attending one of his shows here in Ottawa several years ago. He made an important point which I think makes a lot of sense.

You can raise a rainbow trout in a sewer, but would you want to eat it? If people eat fish, they'll be more concious of where it comes from.

I have to admit that for our shore lunches, we use lard instead of the "healthier" oils out there. It does make a difference, IMO!

We certainly don't do this year round, but for a few shore lunches each summer, why not!

Lrts face facts. Chronzy is no different than at least half the members on the board. Some of us are more than a little crusty, rotund or opinionated. :o He's just got it all in the one package. :w00t:

I'd be happy to spare a plate for him any day. ;)

Lrts face facts. Chronzy is no different than at least half the members on the board. Some of us are more than a little crusty, rotund or opinionated. :o He's just got it all in the one package. :w00t:

I'd be happy to spare a plate for him any day. ;)

:thumbsup_anim::clapping::good: Welcome aboard anytime.

who am I to try to impose my morals on someone else who is fishing within the law..

If only he, as a tv personality, could live up to this as well. Telling people to throw rocks at bass boats and bass fishermen is about the most idiotic thing I've ever heard from a tv personality. Far worse, in my opinion, than rehooking a whitefish or whatever for the camera. I don't care how you feel about tournament fishermen or bass fishermen, if you advocate throwing rocks at them (or otherwise endangering them or their passengers) - then you are a complete and utter idiot. PERIOD.

Charles

Guest gbfisher

I hear he has some great Atlantic recipes.

He sure does. We used one of them and cooked an Atlantic up last week. Good stuff for sure. Lookin forward to the next one. :)

Thanks Darryl :good: