$ 495+ tax!

siwash

I didn't relise that motor had 3 carbs,so if you clean them and put in new carb kits your looking at $120-$150 just in parts,plus $40 for a head gasket so perhaps the $500 price tag isn't that far off

If the mechanic is good he's going to reassemble the carburators with a carb kit,your looking at close to $200 in parts alone

Parts have gone up substantally since I've played around with outboards

Edited by canadadude

Picked up boat and ran like a champ on big lake o! I am satisfied with the service overall.. He went through everything with me and even showed me the "bad" parts. They are professional, that I will give them.

they also checked and adjusted things that I did not mention.. small items, but nevertheless, they were done. So, I feel better about it now and I am sure that the motor is going to work wonderfully for me from now on. He said the compression was excellent, among other things.

there's a bunch of stuff on the invoice "report" and I will dig it up and post anyhting I have questions about.

Thanks folks for all the input!

Fuel starts to degrade within 30 days since they started adding ethanol to it.

I don't know if that's true or not and it very much may be true....I can only speak from experience and I have never used fuel stabilizer in my gas until I am ready to put the boat away for the winter...my motor is a 1985 50 hp Johnson VRO outboard...it runs just like the day I bought it but it is going in Friday to see if they can find the internal leak on my Tilt/Trim system...other than that I had one impeller replaced about 5-6 years ago. I guess maybe I'm lucky because I have heard many here don't like the OMC VRO systems but I love it.

swordfish happy it worked out for you, and your happy with your boat.

on a more intresting fact i found a omc manual a 73-91 that would cover your engine if you want it it's yours.

Absolutely! How much do you want for it? Where are you?

Doesn't it have to be specific to your exact model? For example, a model with power trim/tilt vs one w/o?

Thanks!