Finally Walter Fishing

anders

Finally got out walter fishing for the first time this year. Due to weddings on a long weekend and other arrangements i havent been out yet. Last night my dad and i finally got out fishing and after a slow start with me waiting inside for him to pic me up and him sitting in my garage waiting for me to get home we finally left after 30 min of wondering where we each were, when we were actually there :wallbash: :wallbash:

When we did get out the fishing wasn't hot but it was nice to get out. My dad got the first one coming in at 20 inches and finding the stringer.

DSC01540.jpg

After a lull i get my first hit and feels like it was a good one, but after telling my dad i think somethings wrong (had that feeling in my knees) the fish gets off. A moment later it hits again and smashes it this time, makeing sure it had the whole minnow. After a good fight this old girl emerged, battle scars and all. Tipping the scales at just over 7lbs. This fish was thick....or so i thought

DSC01544.jpg

My dad got another 20 incher that ended up on stringer and after making a few moves with no luck we came back to the spot were we hit the first 3 fish and on the first drift...wham...another brute. When i though my first fish was thick, this one topped it...another walter that hit 7lbs on the scale. This fish is 1.5 inches smaller than my first.

DSC01546.jpg

Not bad for my first 2 walters of the year and both hogs. Will be tough to beat that, but ever nice to get out!

Thanks for posting, Love the Dad story :D :D and nice fish also

Last night my dad and i finally got out fishing and after a slow start with me waiting inside for him to pic me up and him sitting in my garage waiting for me to get home we finally left after 30 min of wondering where we each were, when we were actually there.

"Oh the memories"