Barrie house purchase ? (NF)

cityfisher

I was actually going to move to Barrie around 5 years ago. Back then, which obviously is not that long ago, Barrie was a place you could not find a place to rent, you almost had to buy. I'm sure things haven't change that much, so you should have no trouble what so ever renting your place out at all. And no trouble flipping it for a profit either. Good luck.

...just go in fully aware that a landlord has no rights.

You way very well find yourself paying the mortgage payments out of your own pocket and also be stuck with a large hydro/gas bill .....after a full winter of not being able to legally evict or collecting any rent cheques. Be cautious..there's lots of "pro" renters out there.

thanks guys .. spent today looking at some nice new homes in the barrie area...I then realized it may be a nightmare renting out a brand new spotless home..why should i let renters destroy my brand new baby ..lol.. Im gonna look into some older homes for now ..

good time to buy in barrie. Prices are down from a couple of years ago and there is a ton on the market. Many houses for sale with very few buyers at this time of year. If you look around enough you will find a great deal (ps my house is for sale!)

good time to buy in barrie. Prices are down from a couple of years ago and there is a ton on the market. Many houses for sale with very few buyers at this time of year. If you look around enough you will find a great deal (ps my house is for sale!)

New homes are CONSIDERABLY less then in my area( richmond hill )

300 000 in barrie compared to 500 000 plus for the same home in richmond hill...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION... Too bad i work downtown or id be moving to barrie asap !