Lake Simcoe whities and lakers - May 11 AM

Got tired of never ending Ontario wind and took our chances with first soft water trip to Simcoe for the season.

Nice first thing in the morning changing to quite ugly after 10am...we fought it through and won :clapping:

My son and a great friend of ours both took part...ended up a bit wet, bit cold but quite happy and with much better experience than sitting on the couch :thumbsup_anim:

Understandably the whities were waiting for us as I told them last day of the ice season :Gonefishing: but 3 nice lakers complimented the count for the day....the biggest one at 12 Lbs. Lost track of all that we lost but never stopped having fun....

Good start on the soft water on Simcoe while waiting for the big boys to show up on the North Shores of Lake O.

A shot of the day for your viewing pleasure:

IMG_1149.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

were you down rigging or were you anchored?

We were jigging all day....funny thing was...as we were getting ready to start trolling the bite got really hot so we changed out mind in a hurry and stayed :rolleyes:

Well done Emil. Did you actually catch a laker :whistling: ...or where they landed by someone else :dunno: I'm glad the fish co-operated, and thx for sharing.

Well Steve,

ha ha ha as unbelievable as it was even to me I got two lakers and missed few more...all in a frame of couple hours after chasing them unsuccessfully all winter.....fisherman's luck I guess :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Cheersm

Emil

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report!

Me and snagmaster went out too on Tuesday afternoon and the winds were brutal! We got to the spot, threw out the anchor but it wasn't holding. Couldn't keep a vertical jig. At one point it seemed that the anchor got snagged. I was able to maintain bottom for 3 jigs and on the third jig?Fish on. 6lb whitie! We tried for a little while longer but the winds picked up. We fished way less than an hour and called it quits. The ride back was bumpy. When we got back we noticed there was another anchor in the boat! :blink:

Oh well. Still got one and I am happy but what a tease!!!!