THERMACELL VS OFF CLIP ON

northsky99

i bought my first therma cell when they were only avalible in the usa .. i now have one for every child and even keep 1 in each car. these things are worth there weight in gold..

I have been thinking about getting 1 for a few years gonna have to try it out I hate getting eatin alive while summer brown fishing

the CAP LOCK is on the left side of the keyboard....I find reading stuff that is in caps hard to read..so I never read a post written in CAPS

but that's just me

Edited by Terry

The price for Thermacell can throw you off as it's not exactly cheap, but it does work, and quite well at that. Shop around, as the price difference can be quite big between retailers.

The less open the area is, the better. For example I used it at the trailer under the canopy and it kept the hoards of mosquitoes away.

I've also used it while shore fishing up north out in the open. Not quite as effective naturally as the vapors quickly dissipate, but it still worked well if you stayed close to the unit. For such an application it would be ideal to have a stool or something to elevate the unit as high up as possible.

the first time i tried it was in a hay field trying to shoot a yote that had been bothering a farmer . i had it turned on and i said there aint no mosquitos out so i turned it off . in about 3 min the low buzz of mosquitos had me turn it back on again ... they are amazing products.. with the ban of pesticides the price of the refill have jumped a little but i dont mind.. but if in states pick up a bulk pack well worth it. we use them at kids baseball games . the parents after the first few nights ask us where to get em

how well do they work on keeping the critters at bay on a calm evening, in a boat, placed midship? will they keep the persons at the bow and stern relatively bug free?

Guest gbfisher

how well do they work on keeping the critters at bay on a calm evening, in a boat, placed midship? will they keep the persons at the bow and stern relatively bug free?

if yer catching fish Im sure nothing would bother the guy in the bow.