Upper Niagara G2g Saturday Nov25th

Squid

Not much to report from my boat.

Picked up Goran (Uncle Buck) early Sat and drove through some nasty fog to niagara. Met Lew, Squid and others at the boat ramp.

Headed downstrem to Lake Eire and trolled a series of humps we found in 30 FOW. Tons of bait out there but you could read a bottle cap on the botom the water was so clear. Saw a lot of bass, walley guys out there. Headed back into the river and trolled cast a couple of rivermouth areas.

Saw Lew and Squid fishing 1 spot so we decided to do some casting along shoreline. The whole shoreline from the river inlet down 100yds was covered in small shiners. If you ripped a bait through them you sliced up a couple dozen.

Ended up drifting bulldawgs over some current breaks just off the baot ramp but no luck river was just way toooooo clear. Fished in nice sunny skis all day.

never saw or heard of any other action.

Special Thanks goes out to Paul for having me on his boat.

Paul is a great guy and a lot of laughs and info was shared through out the day...

Upper Niagara Report...

Skunk.jpg

Good seeing you again Pete and Lew, also met a couple of new faces, Rizzo and his friend Alvin

I love the skunk...got a spare one for my boat? We had pretty much the identical day...lots of trolling, jigging and a bit of casting. Saw lots of sheephead scurrying around...rotten basterds didn't want to hit a magnum bulldawg, go figure. Most action we had was a smallmouth bass folloing a depthraider back to the boat

Boy, Lew and I had a great boat ride on Saturday :P

I arrived at the niagara parks marina at 7.05, bloody fog... slowed me down, to find Rizzo, Alvin, Uncle buck, Lew and fang already there. Sun was just breaking through the trees and not a breeze. Temps were 2 degrees but that did not last long. We all launched and headed out for some muskie fishing. Water temps were 41degF and visibilty was up 25 feet in some places. Yes 25 feet, crazy. By 9.00Am Lew and I were removing layers of clothes to keep up with the rising temperatures. It topped out somewhere between 12 and 14 deg. We managed to put 44 miles on the boat and not a sniff. The sunny skies, clear water and lack of any real wind did not help the situation. We tried a few areas around the mouth of the river but there was no fish out there either.

Here is fang and Uncle buck working the river hard.

niagarag2g_001.jpg

Edited by Squid

Here is Joey and Tybo trolling up river in the triangle.

niagarag2g_002.jpg

And Alvin and Rizzo working the river shoreline.

niagarag2g_003.jpg

As mentioned it was a great day to be out on the water. It was nice to meet some fellow OFC'rs and do a little fishing together. Lew and I worked the river until 6.30PM and then called it a day. 11 hrs on the water and nada, oh well off to the lizard for wings and a wobbly :blink: . Arrived at the Lazy lizard in Saint Catherines to find Joey and Tybo [Paul] already there. I could not help but notice that the leafs were losing 2-0 to Boston [ Carp and Jim :thumbsup_anim:] . We managed to find a booth and settle down to wings and refreshments. We met Rick, Dr. Feelgood and Fishstick from the NFN. All of us felt tired and called it a night, after spending all that time in the sun . Cheers.

I laughed at that picture of UB and myself in the boat. Do you realize I'm standing on top of the front casting platform and Goran (UB) is standing on the floor of the boat. He's still taller than me.

Note: to all you kids out there... Drink Milk, does a body good :thumbsup_anim:

I laughed at that picture of UB and myself in the boat. Do you realize I'm standing on top of the front casting platform and Goran (UB) is standing on the floor of the boat. He's still taller than me.

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

Milk eh Uncle Buck :lol:

Joey