Bass were on fire!

Hi all,

went out with my buddy Al again...this time we did not bother even trying for the elusive crappie and got on with the business of catching some smallmouth.....the bass certainly were in the mood to bite today, despite the freezing, wet and windy conditions.

Bait was jig and rubber shad and gulp minnows.....Al made me laugh... he said he's finally found a fish stupid enough to eat Gulp!

Too cold and tired to write much else...here's some video of todays adventure

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guest Johnny Bass

Great vid. I was getting jealous for a minute with all the early season bass but then you reminded me how cold it was up there and now I feel better.lol

Ohhhh that weather looks nasty and cold :blink: Good on you guys for sticking it out and getting rewarded B) Beauty bronze backs :good:

Great video as always Simon :clapping:

Thanks for sharing and keep them reports coming!!!

Jacques

PS Simon... 5" black sinking minnows rigged wacky style on an Octopus hook :whistling: killer ;)

Edited by Leechman

Great vid. I was getting jealous for a minute with all the early season bass but then you reminded me how cold it was up there and now I feel better.lol

We've been spoiled here JB.....almost forgot that usually the lakes are still frozen this time of year.

Ohhhh that weather looks nasty and cold :blink: Good on you guys for sticking it out and getting rewarded B) Beauty bronze backs :good:

Great video as always Simon :clapping:

Thanks for sharing and keep them reports coming!!!

Jacques

PS Simon... 5" black sinking minnows rigged wacky style on an Octopus hook :whistling: killer ;)

HINT TAKEN MON AMI!

WOW Great video. When the fishing's that good you forget about the weather. Loved the side view of the smallie at 3:05.

I can't wait to go bass fishing in 2 months :(.

Yup, was trying to ignore the frost bite the whole time.....lol....but yeah....weather will never stop me unless its actually dangerous.

Who worries about the weather when the bite is on. You can thaw out later :canadian:

spot on Bruce!

Nice limey. keep em coming

You still due up this way this summer Don? be great to get out with you and the lad if ya have time.