Where to catch suckers in Scarborough?

Fisherpete

I was thinking about trying at the end of the Rouge where it empties into Lake O... fished there before years ago and caught a carp and some bullheads. Anyone have other suggestions where I can catch suckers in Scarborough?

And YES, I am addicted to catching catfish right now! At least I am not in denial!!!

Edited by Fisherpete

You and me both brotha, i have been stockpiling sucker from the rouge for a while now. So i can get into massive channel cats in dunnville ha ha. Other guys on teh forum have been wondering why are you keeping your suckers. Wait till teh wind dies down then they'll know why.

The run of suckers in the rouge has died down, they are probably up by Glen and Rouge. I was at port hope last week, and the suckers were biting hard.

I guess using mackrel or whole sardines for cat bait would be good too since they are oily fish.

Afraz

Went 0/3 on sucker locations today... the Rouge at Port Union, the mouth of the Rouge at end of Lawrence and finally the creek running thru Pine Hills cemetary. Didn't even see a fish of ANY species today, except for a dead trout (looked like a rainbow) floating down the Rouge. I am guessing that the low water levels played a role in the lack of fishies. I rarely fish rivers, but would guess that the water levels must have been at least down 18 inches or so. One guy I met on the Rouge told me to keep going up the river for quite a while and the suckers are there - so we walked until we came to an area at the top of a hill in people's backyards - way, way up from the river... and that was enough of that. Oh well, it was a great day to be outside, my son caught his first garter snake, and wifey really enjoyed the scenery and fresh air. All that walking was good for my pooch too(he is a fatty!).

Might try Duffin's tomorrow, or Oshawa creek if that fails. Who's the sucker now... lol!